|1940 Heinrich Himmler took over this castle after it was expropriated from jewish owners. 1943 it became for a short time a sub camp for KZ Sachsenhausen when 25 inmates should keep the park clean.|
No one knows if Himmler ever stayed here.
After the war the castle became a hospital, a casino and recreation home for the Soviet Red Army. Later it became a guest house for GDR State Security Minister Erich Mielke.
1997 it was given back to relatives of the origin jewish owner.