|Rating||Date Added||Downloads|| |
|Janes reports that the service designation Il-82 has been applied to the Il-76VPK Airborne command post or airborne communications relay (Vozdushnyye Komandnyye Punkt: Airborne Command Post) adaptation of Il-76MD known as version 65C. Two examples (SSSR- [later RA-]76450 and 76451) delivered to Zhukovsky after modifications 22 September and 30 November 1987. The two aircraft (SSSR-76450 and -76...||11/03/2009||1,033|
|The National Cancer Center (NCC) was founded in Tsukiji, Tokyo in 1962 as the core institution for implementing national policy against cancer.|
|The Boeing E-6 Mercury is an American military aircraft. It operates as an airborne command post and communications center, relaying instructions from the National Command Authority. Its role in relaying to the fleet ballistic missile submarines gives one of its missions the acronym TACAMO ("Take Charge and Move Out").||09/10/2009||481|
|The Boeing E-6 Mercury is an American military aircraft. It operates as an airborne command post and communications center, relaying instructions from the National Command Authority. Its role in relaying to the fleet ballistic missile submarines gives one of its missions the acronym TACAMO ("Take Charge and Move Out"). ||10/03/2007||906|
|The George C. Marshall Space Flight Center (MSFC), the original home of NASA, is a lead center for propulsion, Space Shuttle propulsion, Space Shuttle external tank, crew training and payloads, International Space Station (ISS) design and construction, for computers, networks, and information management. Located on the Redstone Arsenal in Huntsville, Alabama, MSFC is named in honor of General G...||11/20/2009||751|
|The Ilyushin Il-80 (NATO reporting name: Maxdome) is a Russian airborne command post.|
Modeled after the Ilyushin Il-86, the Il-80 is meant to be used as a command center for Russian officials such as the President, in the event of nuclear war. Its role is similar to that of the Boeing E-4B. The Il-80 has no external windows (save those on the cabin) in order to protect it from an...
|he collection of the former Parachute Regiment and Airborne Forces Museum at Aldershot has moved to the Imperial War museum at Duxford.|
The museum is now called Airborne Assault Museum.
It can be found in hangar no. 1.
For the current visitor information, please visit the website of the museum: http://duxford.iwm.org.uk/.
|The complex close to Leesburg, VA, on the outskirts of Washington DC, was originally built by Xerox as their central training facility. It was later outsourced and got renamed to "National Training Center" and can be booked by anyone. The inside of the building reflects its outside appearance and is considered to be quite confusing even to return visitors. The uploader of this placema...||10/12/2005||615|
|From its inception in 1991, the NCHC's goal has continuously been to become a HPC center of international caliber. In 2003 NCHC officially transitioned into a non-profit organization under Taiwan's National Applied Research Laboratories (NARL). NCHC plays a leading role in Taiwan's HPC, storage, networking, and platform integration future.|
|The Boeing YAL-1 Airborne Laser (ABL) weapons system is a megawatt-class chemical oxygen iodine laser (COIL) mounted inside a modified Boeing 747-400F. It is primarily designed to destroy tactical ballistic missiles (TBMs), similar to the Scud, while in boost phase. The laser has been test fired in flight, though it wasn't being aimed at anything. The Airborne Laser aircraft was designated YAL-...||10/13/2007||777|
|The Philadelphia Convention Hall and Civic Center, more commonly known as the Philadelphia Civic Center and the Philadelphia Convention Center, was a complex of five or more buildings developed out of a series of buildings dedicated to expanding trade which began with the National Export Exhibition in 1899. There were two important buildings on the site. The Commercial Museum, built in 1899, wa...||12/31/2011||265|
|The Plötzensee Memorial Center commemorating the victims of National Socialism is a site of quiet remembrance.|
From 1933 to 1945, 2,891 people unjustly sentenced to death by the National Socialist judiciary were executed here. Of these, 68 came from Belgium and 35 of the Netherlands. Half of the people who were executed here came from Germany.
Today, the execution ...
|Airborne Express Airbus at Austin-Bergstrom International Airport||01/09/2008||635|