The Parma Citadel is a pentagonal fortress with bastions and moats, once full of water, planned by Francesco Paciotto. Construction was started by Alessandro Farnese, third Duke of Parma at the end of the 16th century and was finished in 1599.
This place has a very important historical meaning and it has been for about 50 years (at the beginning of the XIX century) the residence of Maria Luigia d'Asburgo "Duchessa di Parma, Piacenza e Guastalla", wife of Napoleon.
In the present times, the palace is used for conventions, meetings and the gardens are open to public.
The Castle of Felino has been build at the beginning of the XIII century, in a position that was really important, especially from a strategic point of view. The castle is very well maintained, and, among the rest of the castle, you can visit the torture chambers and the prisons.
Felino is a small city near Parma, that is famous because gives the name to one of the best and more...
Also called "The Rocca", this wonderful castle located in the middle of the Fontanellato town, near Parma. It maintains since it was build the classical structure, with a 3 mt. deep moat whose water, up to the beginning of the XX century, was coming from natural sources.
Inside the castle there are some rooms whose paintings are from the famous italian painter "Il Parmigianino".
Stadio Giorgio Ascarelli, also known as Stadio Partenopeo, was a multi-use stadium in Naples, Italy. It was used mostly for football matches. The stadium was able to hold 40.000 people. During the 1934 World Cup, it hosted two games. The stadium was destroyed by bombardments during the World War II.