|Rating||Date Added||Downloads|| |
|Isle of Man Prison is a mixed-use prison located in the Jurby parish of the Isle of Man. The prison is operated by the Isle of Man Prison Service (part of the Department of Home Affairs) and is the only functioning prison on the island.|
It replaced the old Victoria Road Prison in Douglas.
|The ferry boat 'Isle of Lewis' that travels between Ullapool on mainland Scotland to Stornoway on the isle of Lewis.|
|Victoria Road Prison is a former prison, located on Victoria Road in Douglas, capital of the Isle of Man. Victoria Road Prison was the first purpose-built prison to be constructed on the Isle of Man, and held prisoners from April 1891 to August 2008 when the new Isle of Man Prison opened.|
|Horse and Livestock Show on th Isle of Wight.|
|Unusually for the Isle of Wight this was a land defence fort (rather than sea) and acted as barracks for gunners manning the batteries at the west of the Island. Used for several 'raves' in the 90's, currently being converted for residential use.||02/19/2006||442|
|Pit lane of the Isle Of Man TT||06/07/2008||1,026|
|Isle of Wight Speedway - Home of the Wightlink Islanders motorcycle speedway team. The centre was originally an athletics stadium and the track a 400m running track, making it one of the longest speedway tracks in the country.||02/27/2006||396|
|Hovercraft Terminal Ryde Isle Of Wight UK|
This is the Ryde ternimal for the hovercraft service that runs between Southsea (Portsmouth & Southsea) & the Isle of Wight This was the first Hovercraft passenger service in the world Founded in 1965, Hovertravel Limited is the world's longest established commercial hovercraft operator. The hovercraft, a totally new form of transport was invente...
|Cluster of 3 prisons at Parkhurst on the Isle of Wight||02/26/2006||426|
|World War 2-era view of Newport. |
This field was built during the WW2 era as the largest of 16 satellite landing fields which supported primary flight training at Grosse Isle Naval Air Station.
The date of construction of Newport NOLF has not been determined, but the earliest depiction of the field which has been located was a 1942 map, which labeled it as "Newport F...
|The Needles is a row of distinctive stacks of chalk that rise out of the sea off the western extremity of the Isle of Wight, England, close to Alum Bay. A lighthouse has stood at the western end of the formation since 1859. The formation takes its name from a needle-shaped pillar called Lot's Wife that used to stand in its midst until it collapsed in a storm in 1764. The remaining rocks are all...||02/27/2006||799|
|It is not high resolution.||12/29/2005||539|