|Rating||Date Added||Downloads|| |
|The Castle of Saint Jean de Beauregard. http://www.domsaintjeanbeauregard.com/||11/22/2005||321|
|Been attested from 1309 (quoted in 1384 under the name of "Heremus"), the jurisdiction of Herm is held by several co-Lords of whom Hugues de l'Herm, till the end of the XVth. It becomes then property of the Calvimont family. |
The current castle is built between 1480 and 1512 by Jean III de Calvimont, member of the parliament of Bordeaux.
The history of this castle...
|From the old medieval fortress, renovated between 1450 and 1470 per Jean de Derval remains significant vestiges. It counted 6 turns, a châtelet of entry with a drawbridge and the lanlord home. The oldest part is consisted the chorus of the vault castrale of Roman style (XIIIe). Four turns are still drawn up: the keep (XIIIe - beginning of XVe century) independent of the castle, high of 38 meter...||01/02/2006||351|
|The imposing ruins of the castle of Tonquédec are drawn up in a beautiful decoration, on a headland dominating the valley of Bequeathing. The castle, high at the beginning of XIIIe century, was dismantled by order of Jean IV in 1395. Rebuilt at the beginning of XVe century, it is again dismantled by order of Richelieu in 1622. |
|Held of XIe with the beginning of XVe century by the family of this name, then by a collateral branch, Castelnau was the seat of a significant "châtellenie quercinoise" which gave bishops of Rodez and Cahors to XVe and XVIe century. The castle had never to undergo a siege, perhaps its defenses provided for it. It was saved ruin since 1896 by the singer Jean Mouliérat who assembled collections o...||01/02/2006||213|
|Saint-Jean-Cap-Ferrat is a commune of the Alpes-Maritimes département, in southeastern France. Population: 2,248. Area : 2.48 km²|
It is situated on a peninsula next to Nice and to Villefranche-sur-Mer and extends out to Cap Ferrat. Its tranquillity and warm climate make it a favourite holiday destination amongst European aristocracy and international millionnaires. There is a ple...
|Jean Salis airfield|
Jean Baptiste Salis has started to collect old airplanes in Cerny La Ferté-Alais where he creates the airfield between the two world wars. All the collection is destroyed during the conflict. His son Jean starts all over in 1972, rebuilding and restoring old airplanes. Today with 68 machines it is the most important flying museum in France. Every year, during ...
|From the IXth century, a first fortress belongs to the viscounts of Limoges. In the XIIth, this castle belonged to turbulent troubadour Bertrand de Born.|
Several constructions were successively built of which few tracks are remaining (tower in the western angle of the yard).
During the One hundred years war, in 1335, the castle is occupied by the English, but it changes ha...
|The Seigniory of Sceaux appears for the first time in the historical documents at the XVth century. The Potier family of Gesvres build a castle in 1597. Jean-Baptiste Colbert buys the field in 1670 and increases it considerably. Then, with the major artists of the time, André Ours, the Claude brothers and Charles Perrault, Antoine Lepautre, Charles Le Brun, François Girardon and Antoine Coysevo...||01/16/2006||289|
|Saint-Jean-Vianney was a village in the Saguenay-Lac-Saint-Jean region of Quebec, which was partially destroyed in a landslide on May 4, 1971.|
Located near the shore of the Saguenay River, Saint-Jean-Vianney was — unbeknownst to residents at the time — built atop a bed of unstable Leda clay, a type of subsoil which can liquify under stress.
Following unusually heav...
|In 1221, the first castle of Montmédy has been built on top of a hill by Lord de Chiny. Montmédy became soon the capital of his territory - later it belonged to Luxemburg, Burgundy, Austria and Spain.|
The original castle was replaced with a fortress by Karl V in the 16th century. After Marville and Stenay had been occupied by the French, 30,000 soldiers, including King Louis XIV, attacke...
|The Castle Neideck was first mentioned in 1219|
It was one of the biggest German castle complexes in that time.
On September the 14th in 1347, the lord of the castle, Konrad von Schluesselberg, was killed by an enemy and teh castle was destoyed
Today it is one of the most familiar emblems of the Frankonian Switzerland