|Rating||Date Added||Downloads|| |
|One of two mazes at Hever Castle.||09/18/2009||158|
|The interesting water maze at Hever Castle.||09/18/2009||206|
|Sandgate Castle was one of Henry VIII's Device Forts. Built in 1539 near Sandgate, Kent, its exposed location has led to much damage by storm tides. Converted to a Martello Tower in the early 1800s, it is now in private ownership.||10/15/2005||343|
|Upnor Castle is an Elizabethan artillery fort located in the village of Upnor, Kent, England. Its purpose was to defend ships moored "in ordinary" on the River Medway outside Chatham dockyards. |
The property is owned by English Heritage and managed by Medway Council.
|Walmer Castle was built as an artillery fortress by King Henry VIII in 1539-1540. Today the castle is owned by English Heritage and is open to the public.||03/26/2007||475|
|Two overlays above the ruins of the Gothic castle, which was built in 14th century and at the end of the century rebuilt into a hunting castle. It was next rebuilt in 18th century. During World War II - in 1945 - it was badly damaged.|
|With the exception of the Outer Defences, most of Stirling Castle dates back to the 100 year period between 1496 and 1583, and to the efforts of three Kings, James IV, V and VI and one of their Queens, Mary of Guise. But the Castle provided a home for Scottish Kings and Queens from the days of Alexander I (and probably earlier) until the Union of the Scottish and English Crowns under James VI.||01/31/2006||386|
|RAF Swingfield is a former Royal Air Force station located 5.5 miles (8.9 km) north west of Dover, Kent and 4.5 miles (7.2 km) south of Aylesham, Kent. The airfield was operational between February 1917 and 28 April 1945.|
|A grid and series of image overlays of orthophotos for the City of Nanaimo, British Columbia. Primarily because Google Earth's coverage of our area is pitiful.|
Warning: The overlays are large; depending upon your system, if you click on several overlays at once, you will likely crash Google Earth.
|The Castle Neideck was first mentioned in 1219|
It was one of the biggest German castle complexes in that time.
On September the 14th in 1347, the lord of the castle, Konrad von Schluesselberg, was killed by an enemy and teh castle was destoyed
Today it is one of the most familiar emblems of the Frankonian Switzerland
|Anne of Cleves House is a 16th century timber-framed Wealden hall-house in Southover High Street in Lewes, East Sussex, UK. It formed part of Anne of Cleves's divorce settlement from Henry VIII in 1541. It was restored by the architect Walter Godfrey.|
It is owned and administered by the Sussex Archaeological Society.
Anne of Cleves (22 September 1515 – 16 July 1557...
|Gravesend Airport, located 5.0 miles (8.0 km) south-east of Gravesend town centre, Kent and 7.0 miles (11.3 km) west of Gillingham, Kent. It was operated from 1932 until 1956. It was initially a civil airfield, and became a Royal Air Force station known as RAF Gravesend during the Second World War, when it was under the control of RAF Fighter Command during the Battle of Britain. It was the ...||09/08/2014||47|