|Rating||Date Added||Downloads|| |
|The Salvation Armyís International Headquarters, at 101 Newington Causeway in London, has been nominated for a New London Architecture New Building Award. The building is clad in glass, and its opening took place in 2004. Even in the previous version of Google Earth, it was in building work.||01/21/2007||314|
|Love the way they just loop the road out into the channel, seemingly right next to a massive dam||01/11/2006||605|
|The building was designed by Sir James Pennethorne between 1867 and 1870 as headquarters for the University of London. It occupied the northernmost section of the former garden of Burlington House. It was a grand building, but not especially large. The University of London is a federal university and this early central building contained little besides examination halls and a few offices; the p...||11/17/2006||389|
|30 St Mary Axe, London. Also known as "The Gherkin". Finished in 2004, but here you can see that they are still building it. Swiss Re ownes the building, and aimes to be the world's largest life and health reinsurer during 2006. And of course, there is a bar on the very top!||12/08/2005||414|
|It's as if they ran out of money while building this road so they just stopped. Cause these cars are driving on dirt, not road...||10/18/2006||911|
|Temple Bar marked the westernmost extent of the City of London on the road to Westminster, where Fleet Street becomes the Strand. Until 1878 this boundary was demarcated by a stone gateway. Commissioned by King Charles II, and designed by Sir Christopher Wren, this fine arch of Portland Stone was constructed between 1669 and 1672. In 1878 the Corporation of London, eager to widen the road but...||02/14/2006||356|
|The Kingsway Tramway Subway is a cut-and-cover tunnel in central London that was built to connect its so-called "North Side" and "South Side" tramway systems. It opened in 1906 and services ran until trams in London were finally abandoned in 1952. It has since been used for storage, while the southern end of the subway is now used for road traffic from Waterloo Bridge. The open cutting on t...||02/12/2006||473|
|Lots Road Power Station became operational in 1905 (it was claimed at that time to be the largest power station ever built) and would eventually power most of the railways and tramways in the Underground Electric Railways group (later London Underground). It was shutdown in 2002 and is being converted into shops restaurants and apartments.||02/11/2006||512|
|The ace cafe on the north circular road north London.|
A famous motorcyclist meating place.
|This is the TV Bandeirantes' transmitter, placed near of Paulista Avenue. This transmitter started its operations in 1996, and provides this channels: TV Bandeirantes (channel 13 VHF), PlayTV (channel 21UHF - former Canal 21), Band FM (96,1mhz), Terra Viva (channel 50UHF).||07/04/2006||402|
|Croydon Airport (ICAO: EGCR) was an airport in South London which straddled the boundary between what are now the London boroughs of Croydon and Sutton. Croydon was the first airport in the world to introduce air traffic control, in 1921. It was the main airport for London before it was replaced by Northolt Aerodrome, London Heathrow Airport and London Gatwick Airport. Both the terminal buildin...||11/02/2010||525|
|Hackney Wick Stadium, Waterden Road, in the London Borough of Hackney, was opened in 1932 and was mainly used for greyhound racing and speedway.|
In 1994, a £12M stand and restaurant was built and the stadium was renamed the London Stadium, Hackney. In December 1997 the company that owned the stadium, London Stadium Hackney Ltd., went out of business.