|Rating||Date Added||Downloads|| |
|The Seigniory of Sceaux appears for the first time in the historical documents at the XVth century. The Potier family of Gesvres build a castle in 1597. Jean-Baptiste Colbert buys the field in 1670 and increases it considerably. Then, with the major artists of the time, André Ours, the Claude brothers and Charles Perrault, Antoine Lepautre, Charles Le Brun, François Girardon and Antoine Coysevo...||01/16/2006||327|
|Old feudal chief town, Blanquefort was, around 1270, then again in 1455-1466, a key point for the defense of Bordeaux. From these two times, it preserves remarkably interesting fortifications: turn-residence surfortifiée by Édouard 1st, small citadel adapted to the gun by Antoine de Chabannes. At the turn of XVIe century it was outranked and replaced by the Blaye Fortress|
|XVth, XVIth and XVIIth centuries castle. Property of Antoine Chapelle, Henri IV's Master of Smith, the castle was reshaped after 1581, from a XIIth and XIVth Templar Knights fortress. The origin of this former fief is attested from 580 where it is told about "Diocesis Gemiliacensis". In the XIVth, the castle belonged to the chatellenie of Excideuil then,In 1656, it was raised to the rank of ma...||06/20/2008||332|
|Andlau's Castle is a medieval castle in the commune of Andlau, in the Bas-Rhin département of France.|
Constructed on a narrow granite outcrop at an altitude of 451 m (~1466 ft), the Haut-Andlau dominates the valleys of Andlau and Kirneck. The castle was built from granite blocks, very certainly by Eberhard d'Andlau between 1246 and 1264. In 1678, after the joining of Alsace to Fr...
|The Castle Neideck was first mentioned in 1219|
It was one of the biggest German castle complexes in that time.
On September the 14th in 1347, the lord of the castle, Konrad von Schluesselberg, was killed by an enemy and teh castle was destoyed
Today it is one of the most familiar emblems of the Frankonian Switzerland
|Kaunas Castle is considered the oldest castle in Lithuania. About a third of the castle survives today.|
Info provided by McMaster:
Kaunas Castle is located in Kaunas, Lithuania. Archeological evidence suggests that it was originally built during the mid-14th century, in the Gothic style. Its site is strategic – a rise on the banks of the Nemunas River near its confluence with...
|Dating from 1299, this Medieval castle and Royal Residence developed into a fortress in 1592 after which it was rebuilt into a renaissance castle 1637-1648. Here you can see magnificent halls, the Castle church, the Royal Mausoleum and models of the castle. Government's Reception Rooms and Banqueting Halls. ||08/07/2005||694|
|The castle Linn is a water castle in the Krefelder quarter Linn. First, there was only one tower in the 12. century. To in 14. Century the castle was continuously extended. In the year 1702 the castle was completely destroyed by Prussian troops.||07/30/2006||534|
|Olavinlinna (known as Olofsborg in Swedish, which is St. Olaf's Castle in English) is a 15th century castle located in Savonlinna, Finland. It is the world's most northern medieval stone castle. It was founded by Erik Axelsson Tott in 1475 under the name Sankt Olofsborg as an effort to protect Savonia and control the unstable border between the Kingdom of Sweden and its Russian adversary. The c...||02/03/2007||779|
|Sønderborg Castle is a Baroque four-wing palace and home of the Sønderborg Castle Museum. The castle is renowned for being the prison of the former King Christian II, who after his dethronement was held prisoner of state here for 17 years.||03/12/2007||544|
|The castle of the Madeleine, located on the heights of Chevreuse, offers a superb panorama on the valley of the Yvette. Splendid fortress, it was built between XIe and XIVe century. The House of the Park was built inside the enclosure of the Castle. In the cellars of the castle, an exposure "Life of castle" recalls the history of the fortress.|
|Malmöhus Castle is the oldest remaining renaissance castle in Scandinavia and was originally built as a citadel in 1434 by Eric of Pomerania. The castle was completed in the sixteenth century. In the 16th and 17th centuries it served as a royal residence for the Danish kings.||11/28/2005||542|