|Rating||Date Added||Downloads|| |
|This is the site of the royal Naval Detention Quarters which is attached to both the main Naval Dockyard and Barracks It was known throughout the Royal Navy & Royal Marines as DQ's or Deek's and was used for the more serious breaches of Naval Law It was said that this was the toughest millitary prison in the UK It was staffed by both Naval & Marine Personel I am not sure if it is still in used ...||03/01/2006||927|
|This is were D Day 6th June 1944 General Eisenhower Headquaters were there is still a large Wall map showing the Landings in one of the rooms it was also its now the Wardroom Officer's mess for H.M.S. Dryad which it is now part.|
|Royal Navy's Barracks in Devonport Plymouth Devon UK All so know as Drake Barracks or H.M.S.Drake it is attached to H.M.Naval Dockyard Plymouth which is now the main Maintance Base for the Royal Navy Drake Barracks was also the home of the Devonport Field Gun Crew who used to take part in the inter command Field Gun competion which used to be held at the Royal Tourament at Earls Court in London...||02/13/2006||509|
|The old Royal Naval Gunnery school believe now to be used by the Royal Marines its a famous base to all naval personnel as everyone there under train had to double (run) where ever they went the place mark is on the famous parade ground which like the rest of the base was ruled by the chief Gunnery Officer and his staff know as G.I.s (Gunnery Instructors)||03/01/2006||960|
|S/W Overlay shows Portsmouth harbour at the year 1939.|
Potsmouth is a significant naval port for centuries, previously the world's largest naval base and home to many famous ships, Portsmouth has declined in recent years but remains a major dockyard and base for the Royal Navy.
|RAF Eastchurch was a Royal Air Force station near Eastchurch village, on the Isle of Sheppey, Kent, England. The history of aviation at Eastchurch stretches back to the first decade of the 20th century when it was used as an airfield by members of the Royal Aero Club. The area saw the first flight by a British pilot in Britain.|
In 1910 it was offered to the Royal Navy as a traini...
|HMS Duncan is the sixth ship of the Type 45 or 'D' Class of air defence destroyer (AAW) planned to be built for the Royal Navy. HMS Duncan is named after Adam Duncan, Viscount Duncan of Camperdown (1 July 1731 - 4 August 1804) who, as Admiral Duncan, defeated the Dutch fleet off Camperdown on 11 October 1797. This victory is considered one of the most significant actions in naval history. The C...||10/28/2009||353|
|Naval Station Frederikshavn is one of two major naval bases in Denmark and home port to the Royal Danish Navy's 1st squadron.||03/07/2007||942|
Torsk is one of two surviving Tench class Fleet Submarines in the United States. USS Torsk (SS-423) was built at Portsmouth Naval Shipyard in Portsmouth, New Hampshire. The submarine was launched on 6 September 1944, sponsored by Mrs. Allen B. Reed. Torsk was placed in commission on 16 December 1944 with Commander Bafford E...
|The Royal Naval Armament Depot (RNAD) at Coulport in the Clyde Area consists of sixteen atom bomb storage bunkers have been built into a ridge overlooking Loch Long. Trident missile warheads and conventional torpedoes are stored at the weapons depot, where they are installed and removed from submarines. |
The loading dock can be see to the NW
|Wanstone farm battery consisted of four magazines and two 15" ex naval guns called Jane and Clem. Jane was named after the young lady in the strip cartoon in the Daily Mirror, and Clem was probably named after Winston Churchill's wife, Clementine. |
Along with the guns were two twin magazines to supply Clem and Jane; ammunition was passed to the guns via a self propelled trolley a...
|Royal Air Force Station Waterbeach or more simply RAF Waterbeach is a former Royal Air Force station located in Waterbeach, Cambridgeshire which is 5.5 miles (8.9 km) north of Cambridge. The site was then used by the Royal Engineers, part of the British Army, from 1966 to 2013, as Waterbeach Barracks. The site is currently derelict, apart from officers' houses still in use.|