|Rating||Date Added||Downloads|| |
|Royal Albert Hall, left, opened 1871, and Albert Memorial, right, completed 1876.
Addittional info provided by bearfly:
An arts venue dedicated to Queen Victoria's husband and consort, Prince Albert. It is situated in London, England in the royal borough of Westminster, within the area also known as Albertopolis. It forms the practical part of a national memorial to ...
|Two bridges side-by-side cast perfect shadows in central Alberta, Canada.||05/18/2006||292|
|The Royal Gorge Bridge is a tourist attraction near Cañon City, Colorado, within a 360 acre (1.5 km²) theme park. The bridge deck hangs 1,053 feet (321 m) above the Arkansas River, and the bridge is billed as the highest suspension bridge in the world. The Royal Gorge Route Railroad runs under the bridge along the base of Royal Gorge. The bridge is 1260 feet (384 m) long and 18 feet (5 m) wide,...||01/21/2010||669|
|Great view of Brunel's Tamar Rail Bridge with the road bridge behind it, their structure seen in the shadows.|
Good photo links.
|A glorious study of this mid-1800s engineering triumph by I.K.Brunel, still carrying rail traffic today. The shadows show off the twin central spans to perfection.|
Behind is the modern motorway bridge.
|Bridge over the Meuse at Liege||02/05/2006||291|
|In sept. 1944 allied troops tried to conquer the Rhine Bridge of Arnheim. They failed. Later the germans blow up the bridge. (Pic. Royal air Force)||09/06/2005||735|
|Near Coburg, Germany.|
His Royal Highness Prince Albert of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha ( 26 August 1819 – 14 December 1861) was the husband and consort of Queen Victoria of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland. He was the only husband of a British queen regnant to have formally held the title of Prince consort.
|The Royal Rush Skycoaster in Canon City, Colorado momentarily hangs fliers at a height of 1200ft above the Arkansas River at the Royal Gorge Bridge and Park.||01/21/2010||1,299|
|Founded in 1882 as a successor to the National Training School for Music by the then-Prince of Wales (later Edward VII), the school opened in 1883 with George Grove as its director. It moved to its present location in the Albertopolis cultural quarter, next to Imperial College London and opposite the Royal Albert Hall in 1894. In the same year Hubert Parry became director, remaining until 1918....||12/20/2006||338|
|The Bridge crossing the Bow River in Calgary, Alberta. It was originally called the MacArthur Bridge, but it was destroyed in a flood in 1915. In 2000, the bridge was restored and renovated. The bridge features four lions atop the sides of the bridge.||07/04/2007||700|
|The same location as
but here you can see that there is one original plane with three shadows. For the second shadow there is no photographed original, it seems to be vanished. Very strange...