|Rating||Date Added||Downloads|| |
|Alexander Nevsky Cathedral is Tallinn’s largest and grandest cupola cathedral. |
The large, richly decorated Orthodox church, in mixed historicist style, was built on Toompea Hill in 1900, when Estonia was part of the Russian tsarist empire. The architect of the church was Mikhail Preobrazhenski from St. Petersburg. The church is dedicated to the Prince of Novgorod, Alexander Yaro...
|One of the finest examples of 20th-century architecture in Sofia and one of the symbols of the city, the magnificent Alexander Nevsky Cathedral was built between 1882 and 1912 to honour the Russian soldiers who died fighting to liberate Bulgaria from Turkish rule in the war of 1878 under Tsar Alexander II. The famous church-monument is situated on the tree-lined square of the same name, which a...||01/16/2006||596|
|The Russian Church of Sofia , officially known as the Church of St Nicholas the Miracle-Maker, (Руската църква or църква „Свети Николай“ in Bulgarian), is a Russian Orthodox church in Sofia, Bulgaria.|
|The old Hojerup Church was build of chalk stones from the cliff in 1250 to 1300 and was far away from the cliff. Because of erosion during time the church came closer to the cliff and 1928 the chansel and parts of the church yard fell down. But the church was allready closed in 1910.|
Today the church is secured and open to public with a great view over the Baltic Sea.
|Frederik's Church, popularly known as the Marble Church, was begun in 1749, finished in 1894 and has the largest dome of any church in Scandinavia.||03/21/2006||529|
|Founded by Alexander the Great in 331 BC on the Mediterranean coast of Egypt, Alexandria became a center of trade and learning in the ancient world. Alexander built the causeway between the Eastern and Western Harbors, joining Pharos Island (arrow) to the mainland. Alexandria’s cultural status was symbolized by the lighthouse on Pharos, one of the “Seven Wonders of the World.” ||10/23/2005||4,187|
|Built between 1921 and 1940, Grundtvig's Church is the last major Danish church project in the national romantic style.||09/15/2005||286|
|Temppeliaukio Church was built in 1968-1969. It was designed by the architect brothers, Timo and Tuomo Suomalainen. The church is built into solid rock, therefore, it is also known as the Church of the Rock. Natural light brightens the inside through 180 glasses between the dome and the wall.||08/24/2005||462|
|The hotel Alexander Blok is located in the city center, close to the Moscow Exhibition Center. The ship was constructed in 1984 in Austria and recently renovated to serve hotel needs.||09/06/2005||336|
|St. Sofia church in Sofia. The capitals name came from this church. The church was build between 527 and 565. It's the oldest eastern-orthodox church in Sofia||02/02/2006||461|
|The church of Ledoje is the only one of this kind in Denmark. It's in two storeys. On the lower storey the normal people were and the squire and family from a manor that once was next to the tower attended the service.|
The church is from around 1225, the tower around 1500.
The Kaiserpfalz in Goslar, Germany, was used as model for the church.
|This church was constructed shortly before the Hagia Sophia to test wether a cupola like the one intended at the Great Church was even possible. Some time after 1453 it was turned into a mosque.||09/09/2005||395|