|Rating||Date Added||Downloads|| |
|This is a collection with only white hillfigure horses. You can see 20 white horses in 19 locatoins, 8 Wiltshire white horses, 7 Non-Wiltshire white horses and 4 white horses outside the UK. Please load the last file that is the up-to-date one.|
Alton Barnes white horse (1)
Broad Town white horse (1)
Cleadon Hills white horse (2)
Cherhill white horse (1)
|This is the newest of the Wiltshire white horses. Designed by Peter Greed, it was cut by around two hundred local people in 1999 to mark the millennium. It is on Roundway Hill to the north of Devizes, overlooking the village of Roundway. This horse is the only one in Wiltshire, and one of only four in Britain, to face to the right.|
In 1954, pupils at Devizes Grammar school researched the...
|In the park of Visborggaard Castle is the white horse that King Christian X crossed the border after the reunion at Christiansfeld on July 10. 1920 buried.|
The horse was owned by the owner of castle Visborggaard, Count Knud Danneskiold-Samsøe
|The new horse is on Pewsey Hill about a mile south of Pewsey, to the east of the minor road that leads from the A345 on the edge of Pewsey to the village of Everleigh. It is a little above and a little to the left of the site of the old horse.|
In 1937, George Marples, an authority on hill carvings, happened to be in the area researching the old white horse at just the time that a committ...
|Includes Uffington Castle, the White Horse, Dragon Hill, The Manger and The Ridgeway.||02/22/2006||582|
|The Hackpen or Broad Hinton or Winterbourne Bassett white horse |
The Hackpen white horse is near The Ridgeway on the edge of the Marlborough Downs, two miles south east of Broad Hinton village, on Hackpen Hill where the Wootton Bassett to Marlborough road zigzags up the hill.
Its origin is uncertain. It may have been cut in 1838 by a Henry Eatwell, Broad Hinton parish cler...
|The Uffington white horse is one of Britain’s oldest and most famous hill figures, which has recently been dated at 3000 years old by the Oxford Archeological Unit.||12/17/2005||914|
|Uffington white horse replica, Georgia, USA.||08/27/2008||705|
|Broad Town is three miles south of Wootton Bassett on the Marlborough road, and the white horse is in a depression on a steep slope half a mile north east of the village. |
It is on land which once belonged to Little Town Farm. According to Rev. Plenderleath, writing in 1885, it was cut in 1864 by a William Simmonds, who held the farm then. Simmonds claimed later that it had been his inte...
|This horse is a little under a mile north of the village of Alton Barnes, on a moderate slope on Milk Hill on the ridge that extends to Walker's Hill, to the east of the Alton Barnes to Lockeridge road.|
The originator was a Mr Robert Pile, of Manor Farm, Alton Barnes. He may have been the same man who was responsible for the first Pewsey horse, or possibly his son. In 1812 Mr Pile paid t...
|This horse is on the east side of Naval Hill in Bloemfontein, and is constructed from rocks painted white. It was built by British troops stationed in the area during the Anglo-Boer war, perhaps as a direction marker for troops taking horses to a remount camp that was established there after Lord Roberts captured Bloemfontein on March 15th 1900. Though a number of people have claimed to have be...||08/16/2006||629|
|Near the Uffington white horse replica. |
Painted in whitewash on a mountainside north west of the border city of Ciudad Juarez by local architect Hector García Acosta and his son Carlos, it is a huge reproduction of the Uffington Horse, but facing left not right as the original does. The horse is over half a mile long, and took three years to complete. García Acosta said that he ...