|Rating||Date Added||Downloads|| |
|The International Kartdrome "Il Sagittario", near Latina, is a Kart race track that has been used also for motorcycle small races. The track is 1.6 Km long.|
More info at http://www.pistego-kart.it/ (Italian site)
|This 1937 aerial photograph shows a thinly populated Crown Point and the underdeveloped Mission Bay.||03/21/2007||468|
|During World War II Peenemunde hosted the Heeresversuchsanstalt, an extensive rocket development and test site established in 1937, and headed by Wernher von Braun and Walter Dornberger. Between 1937 and 1945 two weapons, the V-1 and the V-2 were developed. Test-firing of the first V-1 occurred in early 1942 and the first V-2 first flew on October 3, 1942, from Prüfstand (Test stand) VII.||01/20/2006||1,888|
|Localização da Maior fabrica de Calçados da América Latina, em Parobé - RS||08/19/2005||216|
|Sermoneta is a small and cute village located on the hills behind Latina, in the Lazio region in Italy.|
The castle is reported being built in the half of XIII century.
Additional info about Sermoneta and the castle can be found at: http://www.sermoneta.it/
|The main scope for the building of Fort Campbell was to protect the approaches for Mellieha and St. Paul’s Bays. That is because there were no defences to protect these two approaches and so, a decision was taken to build a new fort on Il-Blata, at the end of the Selmun promontory. Governor Bonham-Carter, while on tour around the Island, visited the site where Fort Campbell was to be built. Alt...||10/12/2006||851|
|The Strecke 46 ("Route 46") is a 70 km long ruin of a "Reichsautobahn" (Freeway of the Reich) that lies between Fulda and Wurzburg.|
The construction began in 1937 and stopped in 1940 because materials and manpower were needed for the War.
After the war the plans for this route were rejected and they didn't pick up work again.
In 2003 a preservati...
|The biggest defence works in the Westwall were the so-called 'B-Werke'. 32 of them were built mainly along the German-French border. Work on the B-werke started in 1937 and the last ones were finished in 1939. They were built in Baustarke B1 neu (1,5 m thick roof and outer walls), which was the strongest Baustarke in 1937. The standard weaponry consisted of 2 Sechsschartentürme with each 2 MG-3...||09/29/2006||691|
|The new horse is on Pewsey Hill about a mile south of Pewsey, to the east of the minor road that leads from the A345 on the edge of Pewsey to the village of Everleigh. It is a little above and a little to the left of the site of the old horse.|
In 1937, George Marples, an authority on hill carvings, happened to be in the area researching the old white horse at just the time that a committ...
|The place where the Hindenburg caught on fire on May 6, 1937.||08/01/2005||1,586|
|Stadium of French Ligue One team Olympique Marseille. Built in 1937 with a capacity for 60,031 people.||11/27/2005||472|
|Fontenay castle built in XVIIth century was pulled down and rebuilt in 1854. It was bought in 1937 by the RATP joint production committee under the leadership of the CGT trade union.||01/16/2006||305|