|Rating||Date Added||Downloads|| |
|Calleva Atrebatum (or Silchester Roman Town) was an Iron Age oppidum and subsequently a town in the Roman province of Britannia and the civitas capital of the Atrebates tribe. Its ruins are located beneath and to the west of the Church of St Mary the Virgin, which lies just within the town wall and about 0.5 miles (1 km) to the east of the modern village of Silchester in the English county of H...||04/05/2008||517|
|Colonia Ulpia Traiana, Xanten was after Cologne the largest roman town in Germania Inferior. During the first three centuries about 10000 people lived within its walls. The town was situated on the river Rhine which was the eastern frontier of the roman empire.||11/02/2005||1,323|
|Alchester is the Anglo-Saxon and modern name for a small town in the Roman province of Britannia. Its name in Latin is unknown. It is located two miles south of Bicester, in the northwest corner of the civil parish of Wendlebury in the English county of Oxfordshire. There is also an adjoining Roman military camp.|
|Venta Silurum was a town in the Roman province of Britannia. Today it consists of remains in the village of Caerwent in Monmouthshire. Much of it has been excavated and is on display to the public.|
Venta was founded by the Romans in AD 75 as a market town for the defeated Silures tribe. Unusually, it remained occupied until at least the mid-5th century. By the 6th century, there ...
|Viroconium Cornoviorum, or simply Viroconium, was a Roman town, one corner of which is now occupied by the small village of Wroxeter in the English county of Shropshire, about 8 km (5 miles) east-south-east of Shrewsbury.|
|Rutupiś was the Roman name for Richborough near Sandwich, Kent, which they founded after they landed in England in AD 43. A major port of Roman Britain (with Dubris, it was one of the start-points for the Roman road of Watling Street, which ran on to Canterbury and London), it has many phases of Roman remains, collectively known as Richborough Fort or Richborough Roman Fort, still visible today...||11/05/2009||392|
|The Roman Town House in Dorchester is a Roman ruin within Colliton Park, Dorchester, Dorset. Dorset County Council acquired Colliton Park in 1933 as the site for the construction of County Hall. The Town House was discovered in 1937/38 during an archaeological investigation carried out by the Dorset Natural History and Archaeological Society prior to the construction of the new building. Plans ...||12/30/2009||258|
|Coria was a fort and town, located 2.5 miles (4.0 km) south of Hadrian's Wall, in the Roman province of Britannia. Its full Latin name is uncertain. Today it is known as Corchester or Corbridge Roman Site, adjoining Corbridge in the English county of Northumberland.|
|Listed are 688 placemarks found so far with Roman amphitheatres, theatres, odeons (music theatres),circus and stadiums all over the Roman Empire.|
The placemarks are placed in each cateory with name of the city in Roman and today. Some only have the name from totay, other the Roman name only.
|This Roman town near the city of Gigen was built in the second century near the place where the Iskar river runs into the Danube. Oescus flourishes culturally and economically during the time of Antonines and Severans dynasties, second and beginning of third century. It was destroyed in the fourth century.|
It was the end of the roman road Via Publica from the Rhodopen at the border to Gr...
|Lullingstone Roman Villa is a villa built during the Roman occupation of Britain, situated near the village of Eynsford in northwest Kent, south eastern England.|
It is unknown which family lived in the villa and owned the large estate that would have surrounded it, though they would have had to be wealthy. They may have been Roman, though they could also have been native Britons ...
|ruins of roman amphitheatre of ancient town Isca, present day Cearleon, Newport ,web link UK.http://www.newport.gov.uk/_dc/index.cfm?fuseaction=virtualtours.amphitheatre||06/20/2006||490|