|Rating||Date Added||Downloads|| |
|This radar station came under the jurisdiction of the Luftwaffe, and over 200 officers and enlisted men served here The power for the radar and associated equipment came from diesel generators housed in underground bunkers. The earliest radar installed here was the Freya, which was completed in the autumn of 1940 and could only give a two dimensional picture: i.e. just the distance of ships or ...||01/16/2010||420|
|The lighthouse on the Dutch waddeneiland schiermonnikoog has no official name. |
Year of build: 1853-1854
Hight: 37 meters
Light hight: 44 meters
Material: brick and nature stone
Monument: yes, since 1980
Radar: yes, since 1979
24 hours manned per day
Characteristics: From the lighthouse bulletins are supplied for coastal wat...
|Skagen Radar Station|
The 2D Military radar has been operational since 1978 and is part of NATOs radar coverage program.
|This seven-story tower was completed in April 1944 on a leased 1.94 acre site as a Base-End Station and Radar Station for Fort Dearborn. It is now owned by the Shoals Marine Laboratory of Cornell University. Searchlight positions #6 and #7 were located elsewhere on the island. To the north of the tower past the old USCG Boat House were the Army station barracks (Site 1B) and the Navy's Magnetic...||04/12/2007||627|
|The radar station to the east of Pointe du Hoc mistaken as their landing place by Col Rudder and his Rangers on the morning of d-day.|
The is was German Navy Radar station named "Imme" and had a Wuzburg Riese a Freya and a Seetakt Gema installed on the site.
The site was extensively bombed around D-day and not much remains. The SK building that housed th...
|This is RAF Neatishead that during the Cold War identified incomming Soviet aircraft and directed RAF fighters to intercept. It was used until recently but is now closed. In the top left of the site the orignial radar is visisble, and the red roofed building to the south of this is the entrance to the nuclear bunker which housed and protected the operators. An F-4 Phantom is the guard gate.||12/31/2005||556|
|In January 1963 Bloodhound SAGW (Surface to air guided weapons) were regrouped under Master Radar Station status at Bawdsey and Patrington but in June 1964 Bawdsey lost its Master Radar station Status and became a satellite to Neatishead. This status was regained in February 1966 following the disastrous fire in the R3 control centre at Neatishead.||06/01/2010||802|
|This is the firestation of the island Romo. The building is from 1887 and was in duty until 1965. It's a unusual place for such a station. Far away from the beach. That's why the desicion was made to establish a new one on Vestervej nearer to the North Sea.|
Just south of the building is a replica of the former lifesaving station from 1865. It was demolished 1965. But 2003 the fir...
|Near the Hameau des Asselins lies the most interesting of German bunkers. This is a rare Mammut radar installation (named Gouesneraie), used not only for detecting shipping, but it also gave the range for the guns to either side of it. The bunker is quite a rare V143 type of which only four were built. The Mammut radar was called hoarding by the British, because of its size and shape. It sat o...||01/16/2010||343|
|McMurdo Station is an American Antarctic research center located on the southern tip of Ross Island on the shore of McMurdo Sound, 2,200 miles (3,500 km) due south of New Zealand. It is operated by the United States through the United States Antarctic Program, a branch of the National Science Foundation. The station is the largest community in Antarctica, capable of supporting up to 1,258 resid...||01/20/2009||857|
|Soi Dog Foundation, Non Profit Organisation in Phuket|
|National Weather Service long distance RADAR for Eastern Missouri. Contains website link for St. Louis seven day forecast.|
RADAR image automatically updates every few minutes so you have up to date information.