|Rating||Date Added||Downloads|| |
|It is in the near of IMMENDORF in Germany 1944||10/28/2006||732|
|Overhead aerial of the gun battery at Mont Fleury, behind 'King Red' Beach GOLD Area, after air bombardment, showing four medium casemates under construction. Note also the anti-tank ditch, (left), and minefields, (centre top). The battery consisted of four 12.2 cm Polish guns (one in a completed casemate) manned by elements of the German 1260th GHQ Coastal Artillery Battalion, and was captured...||08/17/2008||889|
|East of Julianadorp, near the hamlet of Blauwe Keet, there are four bunkers and a small remainder of the anti-tank ditch. The bunkers are: a 134 (Munitionsunterstand I), a 621 (Gruppenunterstand), a 680 (Schartenstand für 7.5 cm PAK 40 ohne Nebenräume) and a 502 (Doppelgruppenunterstand).||09/27/2006||453|
|On the village-square of Burdinne are two German PAK-40 anti-tank guns located next to the war memorial of Burdinne.|
Address:Rue de Huy, Burdinne
|If Hitler's audacious invasion plans had meant fetching up at Moss-bay, his Wehrmacht shock-troops would have been in for a nasty set-back. Anti-tank blocks - ingeniously cast in ladles from a mixture of slag and iron - stretched from the works of the Workington Iron and Steel Company at Moss-Bay, all the way to Harrington. This regimentally aligned barrier of 'skulls', of which they were to be...||04/19/2008||1,512|
|The train of Tank cars attacked at this point by 2 Group on the night of 6/7 August 1944 is completely burned out. No truck count is possible but the train is approx. 820 feet long. Both tracks are blocked temorarily.||10/22/2008||549|
|During World War II at least 46 different mine types were detected in Gulf of Finland. These had about 10 different systems for triggering, including two magnetic and one acoustic types. The belligerent powers laid about 51 600 mines and 12 700 anti-sweeping devices during the War. Germany laid approximately 28 100 mines and 9 350 anti-sweeping devices. The rest was half and half by Finland and...||06/21/2006||952|
|Ouvrage Hochwald is an ouvrage of the Maginot Line. Located in the Fortified Sector of Haguenau in the community of Drachenbronn-Birlenbach, it was designed to protect the Northern Vosges region. The Ouvrage Hochwald is often considered as two separate ouvrages because of the anti-tank ditch separating the western and the eastern portions of the ouvrage, and is the largest of the Maginot ouvrag...||01/16/2010||355|
|At the entrance to Eden Camp a Spitfire can be found.|
Other items at the museum are:
Spitfire Mk. IX
Russian T-34/85 Medium Tank
40mm Bofors Anti-Aircraft Gun
White M16 Half Track
Leyland Hippo Mk. II
German sFH 18 150mm Howitzer
Schutzenpanzerwagen SdKfz 251
British 3.7 inch ...
|Here a trace, there a memory. Only if you drive into the hamlet of La Gleize via the Churchroad, you feel the ominous strengths of that dark December month. Because there, still as massive and threatening as it was on Saturday 16 December 1944, when it rattled over the border for that daring adventure, Obersturmbannführer Jochen Peipers last Tiger-tank stands.|
This Tiger II (Köni...
|Balgerhoeke was liberated on September 15, 1944 by the Canadian South Alberta Regiment.|
In honour of the liberation of Balgehoeke, this Sherman tank was placed at the bridge.
Near the tank is a list with the names of the members of the regiment who were killed during the liberation of Balgerhoeke.
They were buried at the Canadian War Cemetery in Adegem, not far from Balger...
|The Panther was a tank fielded by Nazi Germany in World War II that served from mid-1943 to the end of the European war in 1945. It was intended as a counter to the T-34, and to replace the Panzer III and IV, and, while never replacing the latter, it served along it as well as along the heavier Tiger tanks until the end of the war. The Panther's excellent combination of firepower, mobility, and...||08/08/2010||748|