|Rating||Date Added||Downloads|| |
|Along the coast of the North Sea, the Germans built several radar stations. On the island of Schiermonnikoog they built a radar installation of the Wassermann type. According to some sources, sabotage was the cause that an antenna was never installed, and therefore this Wasserman was never put into use. ||09/27/2006||909|
|Point Perpendicular and the lighthouse are one of Jervis Bay's most distinctive and powerful landmarks. In 1995 the Australian Maritime Safety Authority handed over management of the Point Perpendicular Lighthouse to the RAN, enabling the lighthouse and grounds to be managed as part of the Beecroft Weapons Range. The Point Perpendicular Lighthouse, built in 1899,is constructed of pre-cast c...||12/19/2007||710|
|Built in baroque style between 1840 and 1845, the lighthouse was deactivated in 1957. In 1981 and 1982 it was restored to shelter the Jangadeiro Lighthouse Museum.||09/24/2005||483|
|The Old lighthouse of Borkum was built in 1576 and is 45 meters high.|
When it burned out in 1879, the New Lighthouse was errected in a record-breaking construction time of a half year.
|Bornrif is a sandplate between the Nederlandse waddenislands Ameland and Terschelling. The lighthouse of Ameland is sometimes called Bornrif. Officialy the lighthouse doesn't have a name.|
Year of bild: 1880-1881
Hight: 55,3 meter
Lighthight: 58 meter
Material: cast iron
Monument: yes, since 1982
Radar: yes, since 1988
|The lighthouse of cap béar was built in 1905. It is one of the latest french lighthouse before spain.||11/28/2005||593|
|The Montauk Lighthouse on Long Island, NY is the fourth oldest active lighthouse in the United States. Commissioned by George Washington and erected in 1796, it stands at the easternmonst extent of New York State.||09/05/2005||583|
|In 1884, the San Juan de Salvamento Lighthouse was built on the Isla de los Estados. A Subprefecture was also built and its function was that of rescuing eventual shipwreck victims. |
The lighthouse was named the "End of the World Lighthouse", due to a novel written by Jules Verne (Le Phare du Boute du Monde. Dc.1905). It was the only light that sailors had i...
|The cape's lighthouse |
Construction of the lighthouse was completed in 1772, and the structure rises 144 meters in height above the cape.
The cape is a popular tourist attraction, and the site features a monument with a crucifix bearing an inscription Portuguese:
Here, where the land ends and the sea begins...(Luis de Camões)
|North Head lies near the mouth of the Columbia River. The lighthouse tower is 65' high and stands on a 130' high cliff. The lighthouse was first lit in 1898.||01/24/2007||717|
|The Ponta da Barca Lighthouse (Farol da Ponta da Barca) is a beacon/lighthouse located along the 24 meter cliffs of Ponta da Barca, near the hamlet of Bom Jesus, parish of Santa Cruz da Graciosa on the island of the same, the archipelago of the Azores - Portugal.|
The lighthouse includes a symmetrical single-floor building, and a 23 meter high cylindrical tower that extends its lamp to 71...
|Gunfleet lighthouse is situated six miles off the coast of Frinton on Sea on a horseshoe shaped bay in the northern part of Gunfleet sands. It is equally on the north-east limit of the Port of London and therefore just inside territorial waters. |
It was constructed in 1850 as a screw pile lighthouse designed by Mr. Walker of Trinity House but based on the invention of an Irish man called...