|Rating||Date Added||Downloads|| |
|Grant's Tomb is a mausoleum containing the bodies of Ulysses S. Grant (1822-1885), an American Civil War General and the 18th President of the United States, and his wife, Julia Dent Grant (1826-1902).||09/19/2005||458|
|An airport serving the town of Grant, Nebraska.||06/10/2007||625|
|Overlay of Hazelwood, MO from a 1927 topo map.||12/18/2006||473|
|Several overlays of Columbia, MO from a 1950 topo map.||12/18/2006||575|
|One of hundreds of POW camps for German soldiers built from 1940 on in the UK.||09/07/2014||128|
|A huge number of vessels are moored at Gillingham in 1940||09/06/2014||195|
|German attempts to camouflage parts of Hamburg, 1940||10/20/2005||1,422|
|The permanent exhibition "Battle for the Leie 1940" starts with a reproduction of the end offensive in 1918.|
The battle for the Leie officially lasted from 24 May up to 28 May 1940. In an old factory at Kuurne, situated on the former battlefield, a piece of forgotten history is presented in the form of dioramas, photographs, documents, uniforms, weapons and numerous oth...
|There are references to Kahuku as an emergency field dating to the 1930's, but it was not until the United States entered World War II that the airfield was developed. Kahuku Army Airfield was classified as an auxiliary field and had a very short life span, from 1942 until it was closed in the late 1940's. Ground troops were stationed in the area to protect the airfield and man the shoreline fo...||10/28/2008||823|
|I took a topo map and using the image overlay tool, placed it onto a Google Earth file. This map also show most of the park trails.||07/10/2006||373|
|3D - Tower of the Castle - Campinas - Brazil|
The "Water Castle", initially thus call, was created to supply the quarters that if formed in the region north. The tower of 27 meters of height was raised in one of the extremities of the geodesic triangulation, strategical point for the urban development of the city of Campinas.
The building was constructed between 19...
|This was the view across the harbour canal on 2 February 1940: behind the pedestrian swing-bridge for the dockyard personnel is the bulk of Tirpitz, with bridge foundations fitted and cylindrical tower mast mounted. Alongside her is the "Langer Heinrich" floating crane, while building cranes can be seen on the pier.||10/28/2007||1,195|