|Rating||Date Added||Downloads|| |
|Sometimes referred to as the Lizard Airship Station and known locally as HMS Bonython, Mullion Admiralty Airship Station opened in June 1916 with the intention of it becoming a major airship base with a number of out-stations. The Admiralty acquired 320 acres of land from the Bonython Estate for the purpose of providing much-needed counter submarine patrols. Initially, one large airship shed me...||12/02/2009||585|
|Build as a airship factory, but today it's an indoor tropical waterpark.||03/30/2006||400|
|Hangar Y, located in Meudon, was built in 1880 on request of the military engineer Captain Charles Renard (1847-1905), for the construction of balloons and airships. The building is 70 meters long, 24 meters wide and around 26 meters high.|
The airship 'La France', designed by Charles Renard and Arthur Krebs, was built in Hangar Y in 1884 and was the first airship which was controllable d...
|A settlement of Vinogradovo situated in the place of the modern town was known at least since the 17th century. Then a railway was built in 1900s and a railway platform was built in 1914. The settlement started to develop as an airship manufacturing plant was built there in 1931. The aeronautic engineer Umberto Nobile worked there for five years during the 1930s. For a few years during the 1930...||11/21/2008||531|
|The Hangar was built in order to provide South Italy with an air defence by airships against the continuous attacks from German u-boats during the First world war.Its costruction began in 1917.They intended to finish it in very short time,but it was not possible and when it was really finished,the war had already ended and all the strategic efforts seemed to be useless. However it became operat...||11/21/2008||332|
|The Riga Central Market was build from two airship hangars. These hangars came from the former WW I airship station Wainoden (Vaiņode), Courland. The two hangars were 240m long and had a volume of 70.500m│. They were named "Walhalla" and "Walther" and build by Seibert Company from Saarbrucken.|
In 1924 the hangars was bought by the council of Riga to build up the Central Mark...
|This is all there is to see of the site of an airship station from the 1920s. The circular concrete circles were the bases of gas tanks and water tanks. All traces of the huge hangars have long since disappeared.|
In 1915, during the First World War, the British Admiralty needed a suitable site in north-east England for a new airship station, to protect the ports and ships from th...
|This hangar was partial moved in 1923 from the airship station Baden-Baden-Oos to Auggen. It was rebuild for the Karl Richtberg AG as a lumber mill hall.|
The hangar was build for the Deutsche Luftschiff AG from MAN (Werk Gustavsburg) in 1910.
|The Germans need for airships grew fast in the first months of the war, and already in September 1914 it was suggested to build an airship base in T°nder. The first 2 sheds where finished in March 1915. Their dimensions were 540 feet long, 95 feet high and 120 feet wide.|
On the March 23 1915 the first airship, Parceval PL 25, arrived in T°nder. This non-rigid airship was based in...
|Goodyear Airship Operations - Gardena, California ||01/20/2008||431|
|NAS Hitchcock was established on 22 May 1943. Commander Charles W. Roland was installed as base commander and 133 personnel were assigned to the station. The first airship arrived on 13 June, and base manpower expanded with the establishment of Blimp Squadron (ZP) 23. Later, detachments arrived from ZPs 21, 22 and 24. During the ensuing year, numerous patrols were made over Galveston Bay and th...||05/03/2007||772|
|In France few big hangars had been built, because with the ôSpiesö there was only one attempt to built a rigid airship. Nevertheless at the end of the First World War an airship station for rigid airships was built in Cuers-Pierrefeu by adding the parts of smaller hangars to two big ones. |
At the airport at Paris-Orly two concrete hangars (demolished in 1942) were built between 1...