|Rating||Date Added||Downloads|| |
|Another ship to add to the collection of ships.||08/24/2005||458|
|A landlocked, 220 foot vertical-beam sidewheel steamship. It is the last one of it's kind. Currently located at the Shelburne Museum in Shelburne, VT. The steamship Ticonderoga, launched in 1906 from a yard at Shelburne Point.||08/29/2006||784|
|Prince Township Wind Farm is the third largest wind farm in Canada. It is located north of Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario, mostly within the township of Prince but also extending into Unorganized Algoma (Dennis and Pennefather Townships).|
|Camp des Milles was a French internment camp, opened in September 1939, in a former factory. The camp was first used to intern Germans and Austrians, and by June 1940, some 3,500 people were detained here.|
Between 1941 and 1942 Le Camp des Milles was used as a transit camp for Jews before deportation. About 2,000 of the inmates were shipped off to the Drancy camp on the way to Au...
|The Camp de Rivesaltes is a military camp in France (also called camp Joffre) located on the territory of the commune of Rivesaltes in Pyrénées-Orientales in the South of France. The camp was also used for interning several civil populations from 1939 to 2007. The darkest period of the camp was in 1942 when 2251 Jews, including 110 children of the Rivesaltes Camp were transferred via the Drancy...||08/21/2009||471|
|The Loch Katrine Steamship Sir Walter Scott is a major attraction to visitors in the Trossachs. The old steam ship has plied these waters for over 100 years. More details are available at http://www.incallander.co.uk/steam.htm||05/04/2006||513|
|This above-ground crypt in New Orleans' St. Louis Cemetary #1 is reputed to contain the remains of Marie Laveau, the noted and powerful nineteenth-century Voudoun priestess.||08/16/2005||404|
|Île Sainte Marie is a granitic island 57 km long and lies 8 km off the eastern coast of Madagascar.||02/07/2006||659|
|At Springhirsch near Kaltenkirchen was from August 1944 to April 1945 a satellite camp of concentration camp Neuengamme. |
The prisoners had to construct a military airport.
About 700 of them died in this camp.
Some remains of the camp are still visible. There is also a small museum and a memorial.
|Salaspils concentration camp was established at the end of 1941 at a point 18 km southeast of Riga,in the country of Latvia. The Nazi bureaucracy drew distinctions between different types of camps. Officially, Salaspils was a Police Prison and Work Education Camp (Polezeigegfängnis und Arbeitserziehungslager). It was also known as camp Kurtenhof after the German name for the city of Salaspils. ...||01/05/2010||599|
|Ravensbrück was a notorious women's concentration camp during in World War II, located in northern Germany, 90 km north of Berlin at a site near the village of Ravensbrück (part of Fürstenberg/Havel). Construction of the camp began in November 1938 by SS leader Heinrich Himmler and was unusual in that it was a camp primarily for women. The camp opened in May 1939. In the spring of 1941, the SS ...||08/10/2007||2,518|
|A reconnaissance picture of the concentration camp Dachau near Munich made during WWII.|
In total, over 200,000 prisoners from more than 30 countries were housed in Dachau. Beginning in 1941, Dachau was also used for extermination purposes. Camp records list 30,000 persons killed in the camp, with thousands more who died due to the conditions in the camp. In early 1945, there was ...