|Rating||Date Added||Downloads|| |
|Fort Stanwix was a colonial fort erected in 1758 by British General John Stanwix, at the location of present-day Rome, New York. The fort guarded a portage known as the Oneida Carrying Place during the French and Indian War. A reconstructed fort has been built at the site by the National Park Service, and the Fort Stanwix National Monument lies in the center of the modern city.||12/11/2005||479|
|The big wedding this week in Spain (near Barcelona); the 'love story' was broadcasted in German TV for weeks||08/21/2005||323|
|Lower Fort Garry or "The Stone Fort" was built in 1831 by the Hudson's Bay Company. Apart from a small amount of fur trading, the forts main purpose was as a supply depot for the Red River settlement and the surrounding Indian and Métis population.||10/24/2005||278|
|Jaisalmer Fort is one of the largest of desert forts of the world.It is situated in Jaisalmer city in Indian state of Rajasthan. It was built in 1156 AD by the Bhati Rajput ruler Jaisala. It is situated on Trikuta Hill and had been the scene of many battles. Its massive sandstone walls are a tawny lion color during the day, turning to a magical honey-goldas the sun sets.|
This is the worl...
|Al Boom Tourist Village is host to a wedding ballroom complex, reputedly the largest and most luxirous in the UAE, which reflects the artistic philosophy adopted by the village of Genuine Traditional Art and the Elegance of Modern Engineering... The result is a landmark of beauty and luxury.|
|The British Fort William Henry on the shores of Lake George, New York, was built during the French and Indian War (1754-1763) by Sir William Johnson as a staging ground for attacks against the French Fort Carillon (later renamed Fort Ticonderoga). It was part of a chain of British and French forts along the important inland waterway from New York City to Quebec. Fort William Henry was named for...||12/11/2005||490|
|A castle built in the Phoenix desert 1928-1930, surrounded by a saguaro cactus garden. Many Phoenicians refer to it as the "wedding cake castle" because it's tiered like a wedding cake. ||02/01/2008||419|
|The Fort at Number 4 was the northernmost British settlement along the Connecticut River in New Hampshire until after the French and Indian War. Now known as Charlestown, it was more than 30 miles (50 km) from the nearest other British settlement at Fort Dummer. Construction began in 1740 by brothers Stephen, Samuel and David Farnsworth. By 1743, there were 10 families settled in a square of in...||07/01/2009||436|
|Detail from an American aerial photograph taken on 18 April 1945. The photo shows the star-shaped outline of the Wehrmacht prison Torgau-Fort Zinna (upper right), Seydlitz Barracks and Zieten Barracks (upper left), which was the seat of the Reich Military Court from August 1943 to April 1945.|
The outwork of Fort Zinna, built in 1810-1813 under the rule of Napoleon, was used as a ...
|Fort de Romainville (in English, Fort of Romainville), was a Nazi prison and transit camp, located in the outskirts of Paris. The Fort was invested in 1940 by the German military and transformed into a prison. From there, resistants and hostages were directed to the camps. 3,900 women and 3,100 men were interned before being deported to Auschwitz, Ravensbrück, Buchenwald and Dachau concentratio...||08/21/2009||262|
|Fort Michilimackinac was built by the French on the south shore of the Straits of Mackinac in 1715 as a stretegically located fortified trading post. The fort was not built primarily as a military facility but as a link in the French trade system, which extended from Montreal through the Great Lakes region and northwest to Lake Winnipeg and beyond. |
In 1761 the French relinquish...
|This is the place used as pirates fort where they held Pippi's father imprisoned in the swedish Pippi movie from 1970.|
It's the Waxholm Castle: