|Rating||Date Added||Downloads|| |
|Aerial photo of the Umschlagplatz. Warsaw's "Danziger Bahnhof" (Danziger Station) was located approximately 1 km north of it. Both the Warsaw ghetto and the city itself was provided with goods by this trading centre, which remained operational even during the deportations. ||08/17/2008||1,731|
|Placemark for the 1943 Warsaw Ghetto uprising (Wikipedia link).|
Includes two overlays, one with a map of the Ghetto during World War II, the other a 1888 street map of Warsaw.
|The Warsaw Ghetto was the largest of the Jewish ghettos established by Nazi Germany in Warsaw, then former capital of Poland located in the territory of General Government during World War II. Between 1941 and 1943, starvation, disease and deportations to concentration camps and extermination camps dropped the population of the ghetto from an estimated 450,000 to approximately 71,000. In 1943 t...||08/17/2008||38,010|
|The Pałac Kultury i Nauki, PKiN, is a gift from the Soviet leader Joseph Stalin to the people of Warsaw.||09/16/2005||497|
|A twin-jet Airliner heading towards Warsaw Airport||01/20/2008||332|
|Aicraft taking off at Frederic Chopin International Airport - Warsaw - Poland.||09/02/2005||428|
|The "Thingstaette" is a place was built between 1934 and 1935 by the Nazis. It was one of more than 40 all over Germany. It was opened the Joseph Goebbels at June 22, 1935. The plan was to create places to celebrate old germanic customs. Today its used for theatre and concerts. Every year over the night from April 30th and May 1st more than 10.000 people celebrate together with torches and fire...||06/16/2007||613|
|This is an old windmill in a small village near the german-nederlands border. It was build in approx. 1840. The normaly use as mill finished during the World War II. In 1971 it was reopened as an youth centre. 1979 a ring was buildt around the tower. A long time the mill was place of the "Astronomical Adventure Camp" of the hobby astromers from Moers. In 1990 the wings were crashed down to the ...||04/01/2007||476|
|On the road between the Bulgarian villages Bjala Slatina and Borovan the Bulgarian Air Force had a aircraft highway strip during the cold war used by the Warsaw Pact countries until 1989. Since 1990 it's abandoned and the aircraft stands in both sides are overgrown with grass and plants. Up to 10 aircraft could be parked on each stand.|
The runway was 2km (1.42 miles) and was wide...
|At a time when more and more flashy, high-tech discoveries and salvage of long-lost undersea wrecks occur, this submerged cultural resource study of the Arizona Memorial is a refreshing change. The combined experience of the National Park Service's Submerged Cultural Resources Unit and the Navy's Mobile Diving and Salvage Unit One is remarkable, they are as expert at their business as can be fo...||08/04/2006||1,118|
|A Google Earth time animation visualizing the change in England’s population from 27 million in 1891 to 48 million in 1991.||06/15/2007||885|
|This point, at 51°10 N 10° 27 East, was in 1990 defined by Dr. -Ing. Heinz Finger as the centre of Germany by middling the outermost borderpoints of Germany. There are four other villages which claim the center as their territory.||08/24/2005||791|