|Rating||Date Added||Downloads|| |
|Burton In Kendal Services Station, M6 Burton In Kendal Services A Single sided, inter junction site, or, in other words, it serves the northbound side of the motorway. Killington Lake serves the Southbound side about 7 miles north of this site. One of the few sites where the Head Lease is owned by a petrol company. The services are by arrangement.||01/23/2007||318|
|Eton Park was a an association football stadium located in Burton upon Trent, England. It was the home ground of Burton Albion F.C. from 1958 to 2005 when they moved to the £7.2 million Pirelli Stadium. The Brewers moved to the ground on 20 September 1958, coinciding with their promotion to the Southern League.|
|Village of Peace is situated in the slope of Taraboshi mountain near the Lake of Shkodra. The village has been constructed after the crisis in Kosova. It serves as shelter for the less protected people and those with social problems. The houses of the "village of peace" are constructed with wood.||05/14/2006||552|
|2/3 April 1942|
40 Wellingtons and 10 Stirlings carried out successful bombing of the motor factory . 1 Wellington lost.
|The iron Age Village is a collection of reconstructed houses built on the basis of archaeological discoveries from Jutland and Fyn dating from around 200 B.C. to 400 A.D.|
The village is a historical workshop giving an opportunity to link theory and practice together to see how the people of the Iron Age probably lived. The Iron Age houses are set up as active workshops for old ha...
|Thurleigh (pronounced "THIR-lye") was built for RAF Bomber Command in 1941 by W & C French Ltd. one mile north of the village of Thurleigh on farmland between the farms of Buryfields, Bletsoe Park, Manor, and Whitwickgreen. It was eventually modified to Air Ministry Class A airfield specifications, with three converging runways, extended in 1942 to lengths of 6,000 feet (runway 06-24) and 4,200...||05/30/2008||635|
|Millbrook Village, located in the NJ side of the Delaware Water Gap. Its a great little restored village, dating to the 1850's.||09/15/2005||354|
|Modlareuth is a small german village with 50 citicens with one part laying in Bavaria and the other in Thuringen. 1966 the wall was errected here and splitted the village apart. The thuringer residents were settled away and it was turned into GDR security zone. The americans called the village "Little Berlin"|
Today the wall, towers, a helicopter and vehicles stand as an open air museum a...
|Misthusum was a small village build in the 12th centurz on 8 hills and contained 12 marchfarms. The village was destroyed by the big flood on october 11th. 1634. The worst ever at the danish west coast. It was called "the giant mandrowing".|
44 people drowned including all animals.
Later some of the farms were reconstructed but 1814 the last family left. The only left build...
|Ocean Village Two (formerly AIDA Blu, Arosa Blu, Crown Princess) is a cruise ship operated by Ocean Village.|
File has a video embedded.
|In early 1942 surveys were carried out with a view to establishing four fixed HAA batteries around Lyttelton Harbour. Quail Island was chosen as one of the sites. |
As the threat of enemy attack receded only one HAA battery was built. This was on high ground above the port of Lyttelton.
Although the contract was allocated in November 1942, by August 1942 work had already begun.
|A 1942 aerial view of NAS Glynco. |
Naval Air Station Glynco was built in 1942 as Navy antisubmarine blimp base.