|Rating||Date Added||Downloads|| |
|Is one of the biggest 19th century fortresses in Poland. It is located near the town of Modlin on the Bugonarew river, some 50 kilometres north of Warsaw.|
In 1806-1812 a fortress was constructed here by the orders of Napoleon Bonaparte. It was later expanded by Russians in the 19th century and renamed to Novogeorgiyevsk. That was one of the western Russian fortresses. Intended as...
|Fortress "Gerhard" is built between 1856 and 1863 as component of the Swinoujscie fortress. From 1921 till 1945, the fortress was in use by the Kriegsmarine.|
The fortress today:
Fortress "Gerhard" is nowadays a museum. It has an exhibit about the garrison life during the Interbellum and World War II.
Address:ul. Ku Morzu, Swinoujscie
|Fortress "Aniola" (Angel) is built between 1854 and 1858 as component of the Swinoujscie fortress. During the Interbellum, the fortress was modernized with gas tight armoured doors and windows. There was also a radar installation placed on top of the tower for observation.|
During the Second World War, "Aniola" was connected with other fortresses and defence wo...
|Fortress Eben-Emael, a beautiful name for an impregnable fortress.<br> Unfortunately, less then 50 German paratroopers managed to silence the fortress in less then 15 minutes.|
In 1988, the fortress was re-opened and it became able to visit the fortress. Nowadays, a lot of work is done by the volunteers of the fortress, to give you the most realistic impression of what happened ove...
|Eben-Emael was a Belgian fortress between LiŤge and Maastricht, near the Albert Canal, defending the Belgian-German border. Constructed in 1931Ė1935, it was reputed to be impregnable and at the time, the largest in the world. But on 10 May 1940, 78 paratroopers of the German 7th Flieger (later 1st Fallschirmjšger Division) landed on the fortress with gliders (type DFS 230), armed with special ...||03/06/2010||3,534|
|ancient mountain fortress near Turin. This building are composed of three fortress connected by a stair of 4000 steps||11/12/2006||599|
|The Liberty Foundationís B-17G Liberty Belle is a B-17 Flying Fortress bomber made near the end of the World War II. She has been restored and now tours air shows. ||03/19/2008||614|
|Alamut (Persian: دژ الموت) was once a mountain fortress in the arid hills by the Elburz mountains, south of the Caspian Sea, close to Gazor Khan, near Qazvin, about 100 km from present-day Tehran in Iran. Only ruins remain of this fortress today. ||02/04/2007||1,077|
|The coast battery "Henningsen" (established in Fortress "Zachodni") was in service between 1940 and 1945 and consisted of four 150mm canons.|
In 1941, a concrete fire-control tower was constructed on the west wing of the fortress.
In May 1945, the garrison was evacuated.
The fortress today:
The defence work is nowadays a museum with exhibit...
|Fort Vredeburg is a fortress built by the Dutch in Yogyakarta during the colonial ages. It is located in front of Gedung Agung, one of 7 presidential palaces in Indonesia and the Sultan Palace called Kraton. It was bulit in 1765 to protect Dutch governor. It is surrounded by a trench that is still visible. |
This square-shaped fortress has 4 watch towers at its 4 corners. In the p...
|Model: Boeing B-17G Flying Fortress|
Nickname: Fuddy Duddy
One of less than 10 flying B-17ís in the World
Paint Scheme is that of the original Fuddy Duddy, assigned to the 8th Air Force, 447th Bomb Group, 708th Bomb Squadron.
|Knin Fortress (Croatian: Kninska tvrđava, Tvrđava Knin) is a one of the biggest and one of the most significant fortresses located above Knin, a historical town in the äibenik-Knin county in the Dalmatian hinterland, Croatia.|
It is situated on the main transport corridor leading from Dalmatia to continental Croatia and Bosnia. The Knin Fortress lies on top of the steep ...