Google Earth Hacks | File Downloads | Categories | Most Popular | Newest | Top Rated | By State | By Country
Google Earth Hacks Login | Register    
Logging in will reduce the number of ads that you see    
 
(advanced search)

Subscribe in a reader Get updates by e-mail Follow GEH on Twitter Follow Mickey on Twitter

Dig Deeper


Fort Lupin, Saint-Nazaire-sur-Charente - Related Files

Info Map Comments (0) Related Files


Related Files

RatingDate AddedDownloads 

Bridge pont de Saint-Nazaire (France)

Bridge pont de Saint-Nazaire (France)

This picture of the bridge is very intersting because it the longest bridge of La Loire (longest river in France). Up to the bridge you can see all around you and specially the Atlantic Ocean and naval construction (Queen Mary II) of Saint-Nazaire.
Rating of 2.66666666610/16/2005409Google Earth Logo
Google Maps Logo
Virtual Earth Logo
Yahoo Maps Logo
Google Earth Plug-in

Saint-Nazaire U-Boat Bunker

Saint-Nazaire U-Boat Bunker

Build between 1941 and 1942 by more than 4600 workers of Todt Organisation, U-boat base of St-Nazaire needed 313000 m3 of concrete.

This bunker could protect 20 U-boats in 14 pens.
No rating yet02/03/20071,074Google Earth Logo
Google Maps Logo
Virtual Earth Logo
Yahoo Maps Logo
Google Earth Plug-in

Fort Boyard

Fort Boyard

Owned by Charente-Maritime, this Napoleonic Fort is now the location for the TV action-adventure gameshow "Fort Boyard".
Rating of 3.66666666601/16/20062,172Google Earth Logo
Google Maps Logo
Virtual Earth Logo
Yahoo Maps Logo
Google Earth Plug-in

Fort Charles, Saint Kitts

Fort Charles, Saint Kitts

Fort Charles is an old British fort on the island of St. Kitts. It's capture by the French was the reason for the construction of the more famous Brimstone Hill Fortress, which overlooks it.

The fort today is not in good shape. It was abandoned by the British in 1854, and used from 1890 to 1996 as a Leper colony. Since then, it has been completely abandoned and is overgrown with...
No rating yet04/25/2007859Google Earth Logo
Google Maps Logo
Virtual Earth Logo
Yahoo Maps Logo
Google Earth Plug-in

Fort Charles, Nevis

Fort Charles, Nevis

Construction of Fort Charles was begun in 1671, with the aim of protecting Charleston and its harbour. Mounting 26 cannon, Fort Charles was the main fort on the island, although there were numerous other, smaller, gun emplacements. The reason for all of these fortifications was the protection of Nevis' lucrative sugar trade, which at one time was more profitable for Britain than all of the Nort...
No rating yet04/25/2007542Google Earth Logo
Google Maps Logo
Virtual Earth Logo
Yahoo Maps Logo
Google Earth Plug-in

Fort Saint Jerome of the Large Entrance, San Juan

Fort Saint Jerome of the Large Entrance, San Juan

Fortín de San Gerónimo del Boquerón (Fort Saint Jerome of the Large Entrance) is a small fort located in the entrance to what is known today as Condado, Puerto Rico lagoon in San Juan, Puerto Rico. It was built during the 17th century to replace a smaller battery (called El Boquerón) that stood at the easternmost end of the San Juan islet. The original Boquerón battery defended San Juan from at...
No rating yet01/30/2007375Google Earth Logo
Google Maps Logo
Virtual Earth Logo
Yahoo Maps Logo
Google Earth Plug-in

Normandy dock before destruction, Saint Nazaire

Normandy dock before destruction, Saint Nazaire

At 350 metres long, fifty metres wide, and a full 16 metres deep the Forme-Ecluse Louis-Joubert, named after the President of St Nazaire Chamber of Commerce, was specially constructed to house the 80,000-ton ‘Normandie’ which had been built in the Penhoët shipyard and launched in 1932. It was the primary means of access from the River Loire to the man-made inner basin of the port.The Normandie ...
No rating yet09/18/2007972Google Earth Logo
Google Maps Logo
Virtual Earth Logo
Yahoo Maps Logo
Google Earth Plug-in

Fort Saint Elmo, Valletta, Malta

Fort Saint Elmo, Valletta, Malta

Fort Saint Elmo is a fortification on the island of Malta. It stands on the seaward shore of the Sceberras Peninsula that divides Marsamxett Harbour from Grand Harbour, and commands the entrances to both harbours. The majority of the Sceberras Peninsula is now occupied by Malta's capital city Valletta.

Prior to the arrival of the Knights of Malta, a watchtower existed on this po...
No rating yet10/13/2006714Google Earth Logo
Google Maps Logo
Virtual Earth Logo
Yahoo Maps Logo
Google Earth Plug-in

8th Airforce Bombing Raid against the Submarine Pens of St. Nazaire, 29 May

8th Airforce Bombing Raid against the Submarine Pens of St. Nazaire, 29 May

VIII Bomber Command Mission Number 61:

169 B-17's are dispatched against the submarine pens and locks at Saint-Nazaire, France; 147 aircraft hit the target at 1706-1711 hours local; we claim 6-0-1 Luftwaffe aircraft; we lose 8 B-17's, 1 is damaged beyond repair and 58 are damaged; casualties are 10 WIA and 71 MIA. 7 YB-40's, heavily armored B-17's with increased firepower for es...
No rating yet02/14/2007716Google Earth Logo
Google Maps Logo
Virtual Earth Logo
Yahoo Maps Logo
Google Earth Plug-in

Fort Oranje, Saint Eustatius

Fort Oranje, Saint Eustatius

Fort Oranje was built after the Treaty of Paris in 1816 to protect the Dutch colony's burgeoning salt trade. It was used as the residence of the island's governor until 1836, when it briefly became a prison. A lighthouse was then constructed as salt production and subsequently seaborne traffic to the island increased. Now the fort serves as the office for the harbourmaster.
No rating yet04/03/2007305Google Earth Logo
Google Maps Logo
Virtual Earth Logo
Yahoo Maps Logo
Google Earth Plug-in

Saint-Malo enclosure and fortifications

Saint-Malo enclosure and fortifications

Saint-Malo during the Middle Ages was a fortified island at the mouth of the Rance River, controlling not only the estuary but the open sea beyond. The promontory fort of Alet, south of the modern centre in what is now the Saint-Servan district, commanded approaches to the Rance even before the Romans, but modern Saint-Malo traces its origins to a monastic settlement founded by Saint Aaron and ...
Rating of 407/20/2006413Google Earth Logo
Google Maps Logo
Virtual Earth Logo
Yahoo Maps Logo
Google Earth Plug-in

Fort Saint Charles, Basse-Terre, Guadeloupe

Fort Saint Charles, Basse-Terre, Guadeloupe

Begun in 1640 and named in honor of the founder of Basse-Terre, Charles Houël, this large colonial fortress was the first building of the town to be erected. The visitor will find it well preserved, standing on a prominent hill in the town's southern end. The fort contains a historical museum and the graves of two famous French officers, General Richpance and Admiral Gourbeyre.

A...
Rating of 504/25/2007547Google Earth Logo
Google Maps Logo
Virtual Earth Logo
Yahoo Maps Logo
Google Earth Plug-in

 

Google Earth Hacks is not affiliated with Google in any way

"Google" and "Google Earth" are trademarks of Google Inc.

Google Earth Hacks © 2005 - 2014 MickMel, Inc - Privacy Statement

GEH in the News - GEH en Español - GEH auf Deutsch - GEH en Français