|Rating||Date Added||Downloads|| |
|On to the Cape Prior and Cape Prioriño positions to see the remains of the two-gun 15-in batteries and the four 6-in batteries. Each position also had an AA battery of four 10.5 cm Vickers guns in a monolithic concrete structure. These batteries had all the guns removed and were in a vandalized state. The 15-in guns had unfenced wells, and one could enter them by going down steps or slopes to s...||04/06/2007||594|
|Spanish 6"/50 (15.2 cm) Vickers-Carraca|
This battery had two 152.4/50mm Vickers 'V' in one turret, with gun performance the same as at Paloma Alta. These guns came from the Spanish cruiser Miguel de Cervantes and were installed in 1941. There is a fire control position directly behind the guns.
|This battery used to have four 120mm Vickers guns in a four position monobloc, with concrete covered magazines and storage an intrinsic part of the battery; it is rapidly becoming overgrown.||11/13/2008||487|
|The battery comprises three of these guns in single-gun mounts in open emplacements (one Vickers Ltd and two Vickers-Armstrong 1926 models); two were brought from Campelo Alto (Galicia) and their emplacement was completed in October 1941. During the proof firing, the second gun was destroyed by a premature explosion. Two more guns were brought from Favarix battery (Menorca) and were ready in Ja...||04/03/2007||850|
|Another twin 6-in Vickers battery. These guns were from the cruiser Almierante Cervera and were installed in 1972. They are maintained in excellent condition and full working order.||01/16/2009||799|
|What once was the defensive battery of La Coruña and one of the three that defended the river of Betanzos and Ares has been turned into an impressive green area with plenty of vestiges of its past. In the park you can see two batterys (381/45mm Vickers), several bunkers, several flak positions and sealed tunnels. ||03/29/2007||569|
|University of Vigo (Galiza,¿Spain?)|
|Vigia battery had two 305 mm /50 Vickers-Armstrong guns in one turret. It was built on a large concrete area with all the support facilities underneath, but these could not be visited. These guns came from the forward turret of the battleship Jaime I and were installed in 1941. They could fire armor piercing, semi-armor piercing and grapeshot shells, weighing 385.55 kg, with a charge of 127.70k...||11/13/2008||644|
|The seven Casa C-101 aircraft from military Patrulla Aguila (Eagle Patrol) specialist in acrobatic fligths landed on Vigo Airport, Spain||10/13/2005||388|
|"The Needles" new battery is a product of subsidence problems and concerns about the old battery.|
The main armanant composed of three BL 9.2 inch (233.7 mm) pieces and saw action during World War Two.
The battery today:
It is currently abandoned.
|This Victorian coastal battery was used during World War 2 as observation point for the 'New battery'. It's main armanant composed of anti-aircraft guns.|
The battery today: It is currently opened to the public.
|Vickers VC-10 troop carrier in the Falkland islands||02/18/2007||559|