Google Earth Hacks | File Downloads | Categories | Most Popular | Newest | Top Rated | By State | By Country
Google Earth Hacks Login | Register    
Logging in will reduce the number of ads that you see    
 
(advanced search)

Subscribe in a reader Get updates by e-mail Follow GEH on Twitter Follow Mickey on Twitter

Dig Deeper


Fort Oranje, Saint Eustatius - Related Files

Info Map Comments (0) Related Files


Related Files

RatingDate AddedDownloads 

Saint Eustatius, Netherlands Antilles (Overlay)

Saint Eustatius, Netherlands Antilles (Overlay)

Located 25 km southeast of Saba, 53 km south of Saint Martin and 12 km northwest of Saint Kitts, Saint Eustatius (Statia) is the second largest of the northern Netherlands Antilles with an area of 21 km². The island measures 7.9 km in length with a maximum width of 4 km, orientated northwest to southeast, and sits at the northern end of a shallow submarine bank that is also home to Saint Kitts ...
No rating yet10/08/2005606Google Earth Logo
Google Earth Plug-in

Fort Charles, Saint Kitts

Fort Charles, Saint Kitts

Fort Charles is an old British fort on the island of St. Kitts. It's capture by the French was the reason for the construction of the more famous Brimstone Hill Fortress, which overlooks it.

The fort today is not in good shape. It was abandoned by the British in 1854, and used from 1890 to 1996 as a Leper colony. Since then, it has been completely abandoned and is overgrown with...
No rating yet04/25/2007868Google Earth Logo
Google Maps Logo
Virtual Earth Logo
Yahoo Maps Logo
Google Earth Plug-in

Fort Charles, Nevis

Fort Charles, Nevis

Construction of Fort Charles was begun in 1671, with the aim of protecting Charleston and its harbour. Mounting 26 cannon, Fort Charles was the main fort on the island, although there were numerous other, smaller, gun emplacements. The reason for all of these fortifications was the protection of Nevis' lucrative sugar trade, which at one time was more profitable for Britain than all of the Nort...
No rating yet04/25/2007550Google Earth Logo
Google Maps Logo
Virtual Earth Logo
Yahoo Maps Logo
Google Earth Plug-in

Fort Saint Jerome of the Large Entrance, San Juan

Fort Saint Jerome of the Large Entrance, San Juan

Fortín de San Gerónimo del Boquerón (Fort Saint Jerome of the Large Entrance) is a small fort located in the entrance to what is known today as Condado, Puerto Rico lagoon in San Juan, Puerto Rico. It was built during the 17th century to replace a smaller battery (called El Boquerón) that stood at the easternmost end of the San Juan islet. The original Boquerón battery defended San Juan from at...
No rating yet01/30/2007381Google Earth Logo
Google Maps Logo
Virtual Earth Logo
Yahoo Maps Logo
Google Earth Plug-in

Fort Lupin, Saint-Nazaire-sur-Charente

Fort Lupin, Saint-Nazaire-sur-Charente

Fort Lupin (also called Fort de la Charente) is located on the southern bank the Charente river, built on a rock midway between the river mouth and the first meander toward Rochefort. This position was very good one, allowing the guns of the fort to either enfilade the Charente against ships of the line trying to enter the river or to fire on the rear of any vessels having successfully passed t...
No rating yet04/03/2007287Google Earth Logo
Google Maps Logo
Virtual Earth Logo
Yahoo Maps Logo
Google Earth Plug-in

Fort Saint Elmo, Valletta, Malta

Fort Saint Elmo, Valletta, Malta

Fort Saint Elmo is a fortification on the island of Malta. It stands on the seaward shore of the Sceberras Peninsula that divides Marsamxett Harbour from Grand Harbour, and commands the entrances to both harbours. The majority of the Sceberras Peninsula is now occupied by Malta's capital city Valletta.

Prior to the arrival of the Knights of Malta, a watchtower existed on this po...
No rating yet10/13/2006723Google Earth Logo
Google Maps Logo
Virtual Earth Logo
Yahoo Maps Logo
Google Earth Plug-in

Saint-Malo enclosure and fortifications

Saint-Malo enclosure and fortifications

Saint-Malo during the Middle Ages was a fortified island at the mouth of the Rance River, controlling not only the estuary but the open sea beyond. The promontory fort of Alet, south of the modern centre in what is now the Saint-Servan district, commanded approaches to the Rance even before the Romans, but modern Saint-Malo traces its origins to a monastic settlement founded by Saint Aaron and ...
Rating of 407/20/2006416Google Earth Logo
Google Maps Logo
Virtual Earth Logo
Yahoo Maps Logo
Google Earth Plug-in

Fort Saint Charles, Basse-Terre, Guadeloupe

Fort Saint Charles, Basse-Terre, Guadeloupe

Begun in 1640 and named in honor of the founder of Basse-Terre, Charles Houël, this large colonial fortress was the first building of the town to be erected. The visitor will find it well preserved, standing on a prominent hill in the town's southern end. The fort contains a historical museum and the graves of two famous French officers, General Richpance and Admiral Gourbeyre.

A...
Rating of 504/25/2007552Google Earth Logo
Google Maps Logo
Virtual Earth Logo
Yahoo Maps Logo
Google Earth Plug-in

Fort Moultrie, Charleston SC

Fort Moultrie, Charleston SC

The current Fort Moltrie is the third fort at this location. It is a brick fort built in 1809. It was modernized in the 1870s, with rifled cannon and concrete bunkers. Additional modernization in the 1880s turned all of Sullivan's Island into a military complex, of which the old fort was just a part.
Rating of 303/16/2006722Google Earth Logo
Google Maps Logo
Virtual Earth Logo
Yahoo Maps Logo
Google Earth Plug-in

Fort Barrancas, Pensacola

Fort Barrancas, Pensacola

Fort Barrancas (1839) or Fort San Carlos de Barrancas (from 1787) is the name of a historic United States military fort in the Warrington area of Pensacola, Florida.

The hill-top fort, connected to a sea-level water battery, overlooks Pensacola Bay, from what is now Naval Air Station Pensacola. Because the hill-top fort was rebuilt of brick, becoming Fort Barrancas, the older, w...
No rating yet04/06/2007444Google Earth Logo
Google Maps Logo
Virtual Earth Logo
Yahoo Maps Logo
Google Earth Plug-in

Saint Petersburg TV Tower

Saint Petersburg TV Tower

The Saint Petersburg TV Tower is a 310 metre high lattice steel tower in Saint Petersburg, Russia. It was built in 1962 and was the first TV tower in the Soviet Union. It is used for FM- and TV-broadcasting.

The Saint Petersburg TV Tower features an observation platform at a height of 191 m. The tower is located at 3 Ulitsa Akademika Pavlova. The nearest metro station is Petrogra...
Rating of 4.512/11/2006536Google Earth Logo
Google Earth Plug-in

Fort McHenry

Fort McHenry

Fort McHenry, the star fort that protected Baltimore in the War of 1812. Francis Scott Key, while watching the bombardment of this fort from a British ship, wrote the "Star Spangled Banner" about the flag flying at this fort.
Rating of 3.208/13/2005742Google Earth Logo
Google Maps Logo
Virtual Earth Logo
Yahoo Maps Logo
Google Earth Plug-in

 

Google Earth Hacks is not affiliated with Google in any way

"Google" and "Google Earth" are trademarks of Google Inc.

Google Earth Hacks © 2005 - 2014 MickMel, Inc - Privacy Statement

GEH in the News - GEH en Espaᯬ - GEH auf Deutsch - GEH en Fran硩s