|Rating||Date Added||Downloads|| |
|Fortín de San Gerónimo del Boquerón (Fort Saint Jerome of the Large Entrance) is a small fort located in the entrance to what is known today as Condado, Puerto Rico lagoon in San Juan, Puerto Rico. It was built during the 17th century to replace a smaller battery (called El Boquerón) that stood at the easternmost end of the San Juan islet. The original Boquerón battery defended San Juan from at...||01/30/2007||378|
|This church is the only remaining building left from the village of San Juan Parangaricutiro, located in the state of Michoacán in Mexico. What happened? Not far from there In 1943 the Volcán de Parícutin started to rise out of a farmer's cornfield. In the following irruption, it buried 2 villages under lava and ashes, including San Juan Parangaricutiro.|
|The small town of Puerto Santa Cruz, approximately 3000 inhabitants, is situated on the south margin of the wide estuary of river Santa Cruz. Only 16 km. from there is the deep water port of Punta Quilla, in the outlet of the river into the Atlantic ocean.|
At present, the town serves the neighbouring farms.
|The Fortazela de Santa Cruz was originally built on the site of earlier French fortifications from 1555. In 1567, the fortification was expanded into the key point for the defense of the Guanabara Bay. Called the Fortaleza de Santa Cruz da Barra from 1632 onwards the fort was progressively strengthened before completely remodelled in the mid-1760s. Additional fortifications was constructed on t...||11/24/2005||459|
|San Juan National Historic Site in San Juan, Puerto Rico includes colonial-era forts, bastions, powder houses, and three fourths of the old city wall.||08/08/2007||552|
|Final Approach San Juan Airport||09/08/2011||742|
|Algunos lugares de Interés de la ciudad de Santa Cruz de la Sierra, Bolivia||06/21/2006||930|
|Calles de Santa Cruz de La Sierra Bolivia, (1er Anillo)|
Q'r del Oriente
|Santa Cruz da Barra - Historical Fortress |
Located at the entrance of Guanabara Bay, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
|The Palacio Real de Aranjuez is a residence of the King of Spain. It was commissioned by Philip II and designed by Juan Bautista de Toledo and Juan de Herrera, who also designed El Escorial.|
Zoom out a bit and see the huge gardens surrounding the Palace.
|Base Aerea de Santa Cruz. ||12/07/2005||299|
|The Juan Sebastián de Elcano is a training ship for the Royal Spanish Navy. She is a four-masted topsail, steel-hulled schooner. At 113 metres (370 feet) long, she is the third-largest Tall Ship in the world. |
She is named after Spanish explorer Juan Sebastián Elcano, captain of Ferdinand Magellan's last exploratory fleet. The ship also carries the de Elcano coat of arms, which w...