|Rating||Date Added||Downloads|| |
|The Base End Station B2 S2 for Battery 291 was completed. It was a two room concrete structure raised six feet on concrete stilts located at the highest point of Ataku Island. Searchlights No. 19 and No. 20 had temporary wood-frame shelters. The planned splinter-proof concrete shelters were not completed. The Distant Electric Control (DEC) station atop a timber tower was not built for these lig...||04/13/2007||506|
|Cavite Navy Yard burns in this Japanese photograph taken after the bombing on 10 December 1941.|
Sangley Point Naval Base is a naval of the Armed Forces of the Philippines located in Cavite City in the province of Cavite. The base was also a former U.S. naval station. The base occupies the northern portion of the Cavite City peninsula and is surrounded by Manila Bay. During the Wo...
|This seven-story tower was completed in April 1944 on a leased 1.94 acre site as a Base-End Station and Radar Station for Fort Dearborn. It is now owned by the Shoals Marine Laboratory of Cornell University. Searchlight positions #6 and #7 were located elsewhere on the island. To the north of the tower past the old USCG Boat House were the Army station barracks (Site 1B) and the Navy's Magnetic...||04/12/2007||603|
|This concrete tower, now a local real estate office, was completed in September 1943 on a leased 0.32 acre site as a Base-End Station for Battery 103/Seaman (B13 S13) at Fort Dearborn. The roof deck was used for the anti-aircraft intelligence service (AAIS OP 12). Searchlight position #20 was located nearby just east of the tower. |
The lighthouse decoration on top of the tower is...
|This structure, now used as a beach house, was completed in September 1943 on a government-owned 1.41 acre site as a Base-End Station for Fort Dearborn and Fort Foster. The second story observation level was intended for Battery 205 (B6 S6), and the first story level was for Battery Seaman (B11 S11). The roof, through a trap-door, was used as the anti-aircraft intelligence station (AAIS OP 10)....||04/12/2007||520|
|In October 2003, he Blue Angels performed here:|
The history of most of the Navy's Guided Missile and Drone programs is the early history of the Navy at Point Mugu. During World War II, the Navy simultaneously had efforts underway to develop sites where both missiles and pilotless aircraft could be tested. In 1947, Congress appropriated funding to establish a permanent Navy presen...
|Organized by Q-Dance every year, a 16 hours Houseparty|
Bunkers, ammunition depots and a huge hangar on a derelict army base, just over the German border, Q-BASE festival.
Open doors at 4 in the afternoon til 8 the next morning.
|Menwith Hill is the worlds largest monitoring communications station and is situated just outside Harrogate, North Yorkshire, UK. Its official title is R.A.F Menwith Hill which is misleading since it is actually run by the US National Security Agency (NSA), and known as Spy Station F83 .|
The official cover story is that it is an all-civilian base and is a Department of Defence communica...
|This is the outside location of the police station in the SAT.1 pseudo-dokumentary K11.|
You find it on Landshuter Allee 8 in Munich.
|Montauk Airforce Station, a former part of the nationwide Air Defense System SAGE, closed in 1989. The station is now part of Montauk Point State Park.||08/31/2005||374|
|This MG-bunker was part of the Marine-base in Bruges (Marinepeilhauptstelle Brügge - MPHS Brügge) in the Castle "Ter Linden".|
The base was bombed twice on 28 May 1944, as a practice for the invasion in Normandy. 40 civilians and 19 germans were killed.
The location of the MG-bunker is nog it's original location. It was moved several tens of metres.
|Some time during the years 1939-1940 the lease to this small tract of land ran out. Negotiations were started for the acquisition of about 7,000 acres of land surrounding the Ewa mooring mast. The idea was to divide the land in such a way as to make part of it into an emergency landing field, and the remainder into a bombing range. This didn't happen but eventually 3,500 acres was acquired. ||11/03/2008||966|