Google Earth Hacks | File Downloads | Categories | Most Popular | Newest | Top Rated | By State | By Country
Google Earth Hacks Login | Register    
Logging in will reduce the number of ads that you see    
 
(advanced search)

Subscribe in a reader Get updates by e-mail Follow GEH on Twitter Follow Mickey on Twitter

Dig Deeper


Fort Trumbull, New London - Related Files

Info Map Comments (0) Related Files


Related Files

RatingDate AddedDownloads 

Rutupiae Roman Fort

Rutupiae Roman Fort

Rutupiś was the Roman name for Richborough near Sandwich, Kent, which they founded after they landed in England in AD 43. A major port of Roman Britain (with Dubris, it was one of the start-points for the Roman road of Watling Street, which ran on to Canterbury and London), it has many phases of Roman remains, collectively known as Richborough Fort or Richborough Roman Fort, still visible today...
No rating yet11/04/2009295Google Earth Logo
Google Maps Logo
Virtual Earth Logo
Yahoo Maps Logo
Google Earth Plug-in

Fort Moultrie, Charleston SC

Fort Moultrie, Charleston SC

The current Fort Moltrie is the third fort at this location. It is a brick fort built in 1809. It was modernized in the 1870s, with rifled cannon and concrete bunkers. Additional modernization in the 1880s turned all of Sullivan's Island into a military complex, of which the old fort was just a part.
Rating of 303/16/2006725Google Earth Logo
Google Maps Logo
Virtual Earth Logo
Yahoo Maps Logo
Google Earth Plug-in

Fort Barrancas, Pensacola

Fort Barrancas, Pensacola

Fort Barrancas (1839) or Fort San Carlos de Barrancas (from 1787) is the name of a historic United States military fort in the Warrington area of Pensacola, Florida.

The hill-top fort, connected to a sea-level water battery, overlooks Pensacola Bay, from what is now Naval Air Station Pensacola. Because the hill-top fort was rebuilt of brick, becoming Fort Barrancas, the older, w...
No rating yet04/06/2007448Google Earth Logo
Google Maps Logo
Virtual Earth Logo
Yahoo Maps Logo
Google Earth Plug-in

Fort McHenry

Fort McHenry

Fort McHenry, the star fort that protected Baltimore in the War of 1812. Francis Scott Key, while watching the bombardment of this fort from a British ship, wrote the "Star Spangled Banner" about the flag flying at this fort.
Rating of 3.208/13/2005745Google Earth Logo
Google Maps Logo
Virtual Earth Logo
Yahoo Maps Logo
Google Earth Plug-in

Replica of Fort Stanwix

Replica of Fort Stanwix

Fort Stanwix was a colonial fort erected in 1758 by British General John Stanwix, at the location of present-day Rome, New York. The fort guarded a portage known as the Oneida Carrying Place during the French and Indian War. A reconstructed fort has been built at the site by the National Park Service, and the Fort Stanwix National Monument lies in the center of the modern city.
No rating yet12/11/2005477Google Earth Logo
Google Maps Logo
Virtual Earth Logo
Yahoo Maps Logo
Google Earth Plug-in

Fan Lau Fort, Hong Kong

Fan Lau Fort, Hong Kong

Fan Lau Fort can be dated to 1729. Rectangular in shape, the fort measures 21m by 46m and its walls are built of semi-dressed stone and green bricks. The fort was probably abandoned around 1898 after the lease of the New Territories to Britain.
No rating yet10/24/2005339Google Earth Logo
Google Maps Logo
Virtual Earth Logo
Yahoo Maps Logo
Google Earth Plug-in

Fort Warren, Georges Island

Fort Warren, Georges Island

Fort Warren defended the harbor at Boston, Massachusetts, for over 100 years. onstruction of the penatagonal-shaped granite fort began in 1833 and was fully completed shortly after the Civil War. Today, the Massachusetts Department of Conservation and Recreation maintains the fort. An estimated 100,000 tourists visit the fort each year.
No rating yet10/22/2005517Google Earth Logo
Google Maps Logo
Virtual Earth Logo
Yahoo Maps Logo
Google Earth Plug-in

Fort Marlborough, Bengkulu

Fort Marlborough, Bengkulu

FORT MARLBOROUGH is an old fortress Built in 1713 till 1719 by British East India. As a British colonial heritage, Marlborough is located in the main street of Bengkulu. Inside the building, there is a subway connected to the outside. It was as the second strongest fort built by British in the east after Fort George in Madras, India. Sir Thomas Stamford Raffles in 1817 was appointed by British ...
Rating of 301/30/2007685Google Earth Logo
Google Maps Logo
Virtual Earth Logo
Yahoo Maps Logo
Google Earth Plug-in

Fort Clinch, Florida

Fort Clinch, Florida

A pentagonal brick fort with both inner and outer walls, Fort Clinch lies to the northeast of Fernandina Beach at the entrance to the Cumberland Sound. The fort was briefly re-activated in 1898 for the Spanish-American War. In 1935 the State of Florida bought 256 acres that included the then-abandoned fort and the surrounding area. The park opened to the public in 1938.
Rating of 4.503/29/2007440Google Earth Logo
Google Maps Logo
Virtual Earth Logo
Yahoo Maps Logo
Google Earth Plug-in

Fort Charles, Saint Kitts

Fort Charles, Saint Kitts

Fort Charles is an old British fort on the island of St. Kitts. It's capture by the French was the reason for the construction of the more famous Brimstone Hill Fortress, which overlooks it.

The fort today is not in good shape. It was abandoned by the British in 1854, and used from 1890 to 1996 as a Leper colony. Since then, it has been completely abandoned and is overgrown with...
No rating yet04/25/2007870Google Earth Logo
Google Maps Logo
Virtual Earth Logo
Yahoo Maps Logo
Google Earth Plug-in

Bewcastle Roman Fort

Bewcastle Roman Fort

Bewcastle Roman Fort was a Roman fort, built to the north of Hadrian's Wall as an outpost fort and intended for scouting and intelligence. The Roman name for the fort was Fanum Cocidi (as recorded in the Ravenna Cosmography), and means 'The Shrine of Cocidius', a deity worshipped in northern Britain. The remains of the fort are situated at the village of Bewcastle, Cumbria, 7 miles (11 km) to t...
No rating yet11/03/2009249Google Earth Logo
Google Maps Logo
Virtual Earth Logo
Yahoo Maps Logo
Google Earth Plug-in

Twin Lighthouses

Twin Lighthouses

A image error shows the lighthouse on the Breakwater near Plymouth Sound twice. Also in the middle of the Breakwater is the Breakwater Fort. Building work on the Breakwater Fort started in 1860 and went on until 1880. It was part of the ring around Plymouth, coming between Fort Bovisand to the east and Picklecombe Fort to the west. It had 2-foot thick steel armour-plating, and a gun hoist (stil...
Rating of 3.33333333310/15/20071,499Google Earth Logo
Google Maps Logo
Virtual Earth Logo
Yahoo Maps Logo
Google Earth Plug-in

 

Google Earth Hacks is not affiliated with Google in any way

"Google" and "Google Earth" are trademarks of Google Inc.

Google Earth Hacks © 2005 - 2014 MickMel, Inc - Privacy Statement

GEH in the News - GEH en EspaŠĮ¨ - GEH auf Deutsch - GEH en FranÁ°©s