|Rating||Date Added||Downloads|| |
|You see an Amish buggy at the building to the right. No other vehicles.||06/22/2007||741|
|This is a collection with only white hillfigure horses. You can see 20 white horses in 19 locatoins, 8 Wiltshire white horses, 7 Non-Wiltshire white horses and 4 white horses outside the UK. Please load the last file that is the up-to-date one.|
Alton Barnes white horse (1)
Broad Town white horse (1)
Cleadon Hills white horse (2)
Cherhill white horse (1)
|Amish Horses & Buggies at Martins Supermarket in Nappanee, Indiana. ||06/19/2007||762|
|This horse is a little under a mile north of the village of Alton Barnes, on a moderate slope on Milk Hill on the ridge that extends to Walker's Hill, to the east of the Alton Barnes to Lockeridge road.|
The originator was a Mr Robert Pile, of Manor Farm, Alton Barnes. He may have been the same man who was responsible for the first Pewsey horse, or possibly his son. In 1812 Mr Pile paid t...
|The Hackpen or Broad Hinton or Winterbourne Bassett white horse |
The Hackpen white horse is near The Ridgeway on the edge of the Marlborough Downs, two miles south east of Broad Hinton village, on Hackpen Hill where the Wootton Bassett to Marlborough road zigzags up the hill.
Its origin is uncertain. It may have been cut in 1838 by a Henry Eatwell, Broad Hinton parish cler...
|Broad Town is three miles south of Wootton Bassett on the Marlborough road, and the white horse is in a depression on a steep slope half a mile north east of the village. |
It is on land which once belonged to Little Town Farm. According to Rev. Plenderleath, writing in 1885, it was cut in 1864 by a William Simmonds, who held the farm then. Simmonds claimed later that it had been his inte...
|The new horse is on Pewsey Hill about a mile south of Pewsey, to the east of the minor road that leads from the A345 on the edge of Pewsey to the village of Everleigh. It is a little above and a little to the left of the site of the old horse.|
In 1937, George Marples, an authority on hill carvings, happened to be in the area researching the old white horse at just the time that a committ...
|The Cherhill white horse is the second oldest of the Wiltshire horses. It is situated on the edge of Cherhill Down, off the A4 Calne to Marlborough road just east of the village of Cherhill, and is just below the earthwork known as Oldbury Castle. Nearby is the obelisk known as the Lansdowne Monument. Very well placed high on a steep slope, the horse is easily visible from below and from a dist...||07/19/2006||378|
|Horse Guards is a large building in the Palladian style between Whitehall and Horse Guards Parade. It was built between 1751-1753 by John Vardy to a design by William Kent. The building was constructed on the site of the Guard House of the old Whitehall Palace, which had been destroyed by fire in 1698. The palace's tiltyard became the exercise ground of Horse Guards Parade, located behind the H...||11/18/2006||368|
|There is a horse constructed from concrete and painted white on The Mound in Heeley Millennium Park in Sheffield. Designed by Mandy Burton, it was created in April 2000 by park staff and volunteers to commemorate Barney, a horse which died as a result of an arson attack at neighbouring Heeley City Farm in 1995. Like most white horses, this one faces to the left. In May every year there is a rep...||07/12/2006||490|
|This huge chalk horse near El Paso Texas is over 1300 feet long!||07/30/2005||2,029|
|The Northwest's best Horse Track and one of the many horse tracks||08/03/2005||520|