|Rating||Date Added||Downloads|| |
|Troy (Wilusa) also called Illium, is located on Hisarlik near the town of Chanak.|
Troy is spoken of in the Homeric tales of the Iliad and the Odyssey and was the scene of the 10 year long Trojan War. Troy existed for 4000 years and suddenly disappeared from history until the ruins at Hisarlik were discovered in 1870s by Heinrich Schliemann
The early Bronze Age (3rd millennium BC...
|Canakkale Turkish Martyrs' Memorial is the main Turkish memorial on the Gallipoli peninsula. The Turks know the campaign under the name Canakkale, the town on the Asiatic side of the Dardenelles that was heavily fortified and was the main supply port for reinforcements to the peninsula (and collection point for their wounded) then. The main towns on the peninsula, Krithia and Maidos had been bu...||09/04/2009||615|
|This is a collection with only white hillfigure horses. You can see 20 white horses in 19 locatoins, 8 Wiltshire white horses, 7 Non-Wiltshire white horses and 4 white horses outside the UK. Please load the last file that is the up-to-date one.|
Alton Barnes white horse (1)
Broad Town white horse (1)
Cleadon Hills white horse (2)
Cherhill white horse (1)
|The Troy & Schenectady Railroad was part of the original New York Central organized in 1853. It is now abandoned and is a bike path. Ride the route of the T&S and see where it went.||09/24/2005||1,705|
|This is the actual site near Los Cabos, Mexico, where the battle scenes and wall scenes of "Troy" were filmed.||10/03/2005||935|
|This is the electrified route of the East Troy Electric Railroad, the last remaining approximately 5.5-mile stretch of the long defunct TMER&L (The Milwaukee Electric Rail & Light) interurban service. In 2007, the ETER celebrates the 100th Anniversary of the opening of line from Milwaukee to East Troy. Visitors may enjoy rides aboard vintage interurbans that ran on the North and South Shore l...||07/27/2007||619|
|Horse Guards is a large building in the Palladian style between Whitehall and Horse Guards Parade. It was built between 1751-1753 by John Vardy to a design by William Kent. The building was constructed on the site of the Guard House of the old Whitehall Palace, which had been destroyed by fire in 1698. The palace's tiltyard became the exercise ground of Horse Guards Parade, located behind the H...||11/18/2006||385|
|The new horse is on Pewsey Hill about a mile south of Pewsey, to the east of the minor road that leads from the A345 on the edge of Pewsey to the village of Everleigh. It is a little above and a little to the left of the site of the old horse.|
In 1937, George Marples, an authority on hill carvings, happened to be in the area researching the old white horse at just the time that a committ...
|There is a horse constructed from concrete and painted white on The Mound in Heeley Millennium Park in Sheffield. Designed by Mandy Burton, it was created in April 2000 by park staff and volunteers to commemorate Barney, a horse which died as a result of an arson attack at neighbouring Heeley City Farm in 1995. Like most white horses, this one faces to the left. In May every year there is a rep...||07/12/2006||516|
|Broad Town is three miles south of Wootton Bassett on the Marlborough road, and the white horse is in a depression on a steep slope half a mile north east of the village. |
It is on land which once belonged to Little Town Farm. According to Rev. Plenderleath, writing in 1885, it was cut in 1864 by a William Simmonds, who held the farm then. Simmonds claimed later that it had been his inte...
|This huge chalk horse near El Paso Texas is over 1300 feet long!||07/30/2005||2,060|
|The Northwest's best Horse Track and one of the many horse tracks||08/03/2005||529|