|Rating||Date Added||Downloads|| |
|The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company's Wingfoot Lake Airship Base, sometimes called "The Kitty Hawk of Lighter-Than-Air," is the oldest airship base in the United States. The Spirit of Goodyear blimp is based at this facility at Suffield,OH.|
|The Goodyear Blimp is the collective name for a fleet of blimps operated by Goodyear Tire and Rubber Company for advertising purposes and for use as a television camera platform for aerial views of sporting events. Goodyear began producing airship envelopes in 1911 and introduced its own blimp, Pilgrim, in 1925.|
Designated a GZ (Goodyear-Zeppelin) 20A, the Spirit of Innovation, a...
|This hangar for dirigibles and blimps was at one time the largest building in the world without internal supports. Served as a hangar for the former Goodyear Zepplin in the days of huge dirigibles. Now owned by Lockheed Martin.||07/20/2005||802|
|Build as a airship factory, but today it's an indoor tropical waterpark.||03/30/2006||486|
|Hangar Y, located in Meudon, was built in 1880 on request of the military engineer Captain Charles Renard (1847-1905), for the construction of balloons and airships. The building is 70 meters long, 24 meters wide and around 26 meters high.|
The airship 'La France', designed by Charles Renard and Arthur Krebs, was built in Hangar Y in 1884 and was the first airship which was controllable d...
|A settlement of Vinogradovo situated in the place of the modern town was known at least since the 17th century. Then a railway was built in 1900s and a railway platform was built in 1914. The settlement started to develop as an airship manufacturing plant was built there in 1931. The aeronautic engineer Umberto Nobile worked there for five years during the 1930s. For a few years during the 1930...||11/21/2008||621|
|This is the Goodyear-Kelly Springfield tire plant in Fayetteville, NC. It opened in 1969.||08/29/2006||1,021|
|This is a landing pad for the goodyear blimp in southern California.||11/21/2008||367|
|The Riga Central Market was build from two airship hangars. These hangars came from the former WW I airship station Wainoden (Vaiņode), Courland. The two hangars were 240m long and had a volume of 70.500m≥. They were named "Walhalla" and "Walther" and build by Seibert Company from Saarbrucken.|
In 1924 the hangars was bought by the council of Riga to build up the Central Mark...
|This is all there is to see of the site of an airship station from the 1920s. The circular concrete circles were the bases of gas tanks and water tanks. All traces of the huge hangars have long since disappeared.|
In 1915, during the First World War, the British Admiralty needed a suitable site in north-east England for a new airship station, to protect the ports and ships from th...
|This hangar was partial moved in 1923 from the airship station Baden-Baden-Oos to Auggen. It was rebuild for the Karl Richtberg AG as a lumber mill hall.|
The hangar was build for the Deutsche Luftschiff AG from MAN (Werk Gustavsburg) in 1910.
|Royal Naval Air Station Capel (later Royal Air Force Station Folkestone) was a First World War airship station near Folkestone, Kent.|