|Rating||Date Added||Downloads|| |
|Between 1941 and 1944, 25,000 German Jews were deportated to Riga and killed in Bikernieki Forest. They were buried in mass graves in the middle of the forest. After the war these mass graves were found back and they are now marked with a remembrance column. There is also a central memorial. This memorial contains the names of the killed.|
|On september 29th and 30th 1941 more than 100,000 jews, Romas and Sowiet soldiers were murdered by shooting in a gorge by the Nazis here in Babi Yar in Kiew as a revenge for bombings of german installations. They were blamed for it but actually it was the Soviet organisation NKVD who did it.|
(warning: this site contains horrible photos)
|From here on october 18th. 1941 (1251 jews), more than 55000 Berlin jews were sent to the concentration camps of Theresienstadt, Riga, Lodz, Warzaw and later end 1942 directly to the death camp of Auschwitz where they were murdered from this station. To Auschwitz alone drowearound 35 trains with 17000 jews.|
This took place until march 27. 1945.
Of cause this track ...
|The Drancy deportation camp of Paris, France was used to hold Jews who were later deported to the extermination camps. 65,000 Jews were deported from Drancy, of which 63,000 were murdered including 6,000 children. Only 2,000 remained alive when Allied forces liberated the camp on 17 August 1944.|
Drancy was under the control of the French police until 1943 when administration was ...
|At the Northern Station (Nordbahnhof) of Stuttgart this memorial: „Zeichen der Erinnerung“ (Marks of Remembrance) is located. It commemorates the more than 2000 Jewish inhabitants of Stuttgart and Württemberg who were deportated between 1941 and 1945. Almost none of them survived the concentration- and extermination camps.|
|Treblinka II was a German extermination camp in occupied Poland during World War II. Around 750,000 Jews and other victims of the Holocaust were murdered there, along with 2,000 Roma, between July 1942 and October 1943.|
The nearby Treblinka I was a forced labour camp.
|B-17 Flying Fortress G-BEDF Sally B is the last remaining airworthy B-17 in the UK, from where she flies regularly at air shows, memorial flypasts and commemorative events as a memorial to the USAAF in Europe. ||09/15/2007||4,088|
|The Camp de Rivesaltes is a military camp in France (also called camp Joffre) located on the territory of the commune of Rivesaltes in Pyrénées-Orientales in the South of France. The camp was also used for interning several civil populations from 1939 to 2007. The darkest period of the camp was in 1942 when 2251 Jews, including 110 children of the Rivesaltes Camp were transferred via the Drancy...||08/21/2009||299|
|May 27th. 1942 the Nazi-Reichsprotector Heydrich was assasinated by a bombin order of the Czech-British Operation Anthropoid on the way to his office. Hitler ordered Heydrichs replacement, Kurt Daluege, to find the assasinators in a rampage all over Czechoslowakia. Best known happened in Lidice on june 10th. when all men over 15 was put in a barn and the next day shot, women were sent to KZ Rav...||09/28/2006||708|
|The Kovno Ghetto and Ninth Fort in Kaunas rank in infamy with such better-known killing complexes as Bergen-Belsen and Dachau. The Nazis reduced the Jewish population of Kaunas from 37000 to 2500 in the course of three years.|
Built at the end of the 19th century, the fort was the ninth in a series of forts constructed by the Russians to defend the western border of their empire. During W...
|At this villa at Wannsee in Berlin, 15 high-ranking Nazi-officials (among them Reinhard Heydrich and Adolf Eichmann of the SS) met on Jan. 20th 1942 to discuss and decide about the organization of the "Final solution of the Jewish Question", e.g. the deportation and murder of millions of European jews in concentration camps.|
It is a memorial site and museum now.
|The Chełmno extermination camp (German name Kulmhof) was an extermination camp of Nazi Germany that was situated 70 kilometres (43 mi) from Łódź, near a small village called Chełmno nad Nerem (Kulmhof an der Nehr, in German). This was in a part of Poland annexed by Germany as Reichsgau Wartheland in 1939. It was the first extermination camp, opened in 1941 to kill the Jews o...||08/09/2007||4,398|