|Rating||Date Added||Downloads|| |
|Odense Zoo opened as Odense Animal Park in 1930 but changed the name in 1933.|
Today the zoo show animals from all continents. Especially the new penguin hall is very famous.
|St. Canute's Cathedral (Danish: Odense Domkirke or Sct. Knuds Kirke), also known as Odense Cathedral, is named after the Danish king Canute the Saint (Danish: Knud den Hellige), otherwise Canute IV. It is a fine example of Brick Gothic architecture. The church's most visited section is the crypt where the remains of Canute and his brother Benedict are on display.|
|These artwork of Hans Christian Andersen created in paper he called "Sun as face". The original can be seen in Hans Christian Andersens House in Odense.|
To his 200th birthday in 2005 the community of Odense made 4 replicas in the park at Odense Castle. They were made by narcisses and gravel. June 2006 they were removed.
On the map you see 3 of the faces.
|Carl Nielsen lived in this thatched cottage at Norre Lyndelse south of Odense as a child for a couple of years before his confirmation in 1879. |
The house, approximately 15 km south of Odense near the Odense to Faaborg road, where the villages of Nr. Lyndelse and Nr. SÝby meet, was Carl Nielsen's third and last childhood home. It became a museum in 1956.
Today the ...
|These are the places where he might have been born 1805 and his house of childhood in Odense.||03/04/2007||454|
|I Copenhagen is the russian orthodox church in Denmark serving all orthodox christians. There are also orthodox communities with small chapels or using evangelic-lutheran churches in Aarhus, Aalborg, Odense, Silkeborg and Naestved.||05/08/2006||274|
|This forest NE of Odense was created 2005 to Hans Christian Andersens 200th. birthday and shows his famous artwork "Sun as face".||03/03/2007||410|
|At the end of th 1980th. archeologists found remains of a viking fort. It was measured to 125 meters in diameter and was constructed in the year around 980.|
It's similar to the forts allready found in Denmark: Trelleborg at Slagelse, Aggersborg at the Limfjorden, Fyrkat at Hobro and Nonnebakken in Odense.
1/4 of it today is visible and was rebuild the way experts ...
|The Maersk E Series comprises eight 14,770 twenty-foot equivalent unit (TEU) container ships. Each sister ship bear names beginning with the letter "E", tie for the largest container ship ever constructed, and are the longest ships currently in use. The first in the class built was Emma Maersk by Odense Steel Shipyard Ltd., Denmark.||02/02/2011||852|
|The iron Age Village is a collection of reconstructed houses built on the basis of archaeological discoveries from Jutland and Fyn dating from around 200 B.C. to 400 A.D.|
The village is a historical workshop giving an opportunity to link theory and practice together to see how the people of the Iron Age probably lived. The Iron Age houses are set up as active workshops for old ha...