|Rating||Date Added||Downloads|| |
|Designed by the engineer Montaigu, the Castle of La Palma was built between 1731-44 over the remains of a previous fortress. It was twinned with the Castle of San Felipe, situated on the other side of the entrance to the estuary. Little remains of its original layout, modified by reconstruction in 1895. ||04/04/2007||381|
|The Aguas Mansas castle in Agoncillo display some Roman and Arab remains, but the present castle was constructed in the 15th century. Today it is used by the community council.||10/19/2005||303|
|Built over a basaltic cone, the castle dominates the surroundings. Built in XIIIe century, the fortress belonged to the families of Murol and Estaing. It remains one of the most beautiful medieval ruins of Auvergne. The Companions of Gabriel revive the castle by refitting it, by refurnishing it and by animating it with characters in costumes. |
|Ljubljana Castle dates from the 11th century, when a fort was built on the remains of prehistoric settlements.||05/01/2006||626|
|Castell Coch (Red Castle in Welsh) was designed by William Burges for the 3rd Marquis of Bute.|
It was built upon the remains of a genuine 13th century castle, overlooking the River Taff . It is visible from the M4 motorway and it often illuminated at night.
Completed in 1891.
It has an authentic medieval look to the exterior with a working portcull...
|Castle Ring is a 7.75 ha. Iron Age hill fort high up on the southern edge of Cannock Chase. Apart from the perimeter earthworks, little remains visible, and today the monument is a shadow of its former self.||10/16/2005||439|
|With the origin stronghold of Aurélien, companion of Clovis, the castle of Blandy les Tours was rebuilt in XVIe century by François II of Orleans which made a residence of pleasure of it. The princess of Clèves was maried here in 1572 in the presence of the future Henri IV. After the restorations of the XVIIe century, the castle was dismantled and converted into farm. The powerful keep draws up...||12/29/2005||332|
|Designed by the engineer Montaigu, the Castle of San Felipe was built in 1731-44 over the remains of a previous fortress. The new castle combined the fidelity of the technical teachings of Vauban with a clever adaptation to the landscape. Laid out in the shape of an arrowhead, it directed a double line of fire towards the sea on two levels, with a great facade of fortifications pointing towards...||04/04/2007||486|
|The motte and bailey castle was constructed in 1068, and rebuilt in stone in the 12th century. Now only the motte remains as the stone was removed for college buildings.||10/16/2005||344|
|The present Nyborg Castle's history dates back to around 1200. The dense, low tower and the basement of the castle building are the remains of the original fortress, which was surrounded by a 1.5-metre thick ring wall with semicircular corners. |
Due to its central location, the fortress became the site of the so-called Danehof assembly meetings of the nation’s most powerful men f...
|crop circle remains in Burderop Down, nr Barbury Castle, Wiltshire,2003.|
not very clear but you can compare it with below link:
|Built in XIV century, this fortress is a pink sandstone ship standing in a unique location. Transformed into a coast-defence between 1690 and 1715, Castle La Latte (or La Roche-Goyon)remains a fortified castle. The XIVth century defence system is still in place : curtains, towers, drawbridges ans dungeon have travelled down the ages. Listed historic building.|
Various movies have been sho...