|Rating||Date Added||Downloads|| |
|The anceint roman town of Volubiklis in Morocco, occupied until the 1800's and then stripped to build the new capital at Meknes, otherwise this would have been a perfect roman town||09/06/2006||661|
|Calleva Atrebatum (or Silchester Roman Town) was an Iron Age oppidum and subsequently a town in the Roman province of Britannia and the civitas capital of the Atrebates tribe. Its ruins are located beneath and to the west of the Church of St Mary the Virgin, which lies just within the town wall and about 0.5 miles (1 km) to the east of the modern village of Silchester in the English county of H...||04/05/2008||504|
|Isca Augusta (or, simply, Isca) was a legionary fortress in the Roman province of Britannia. Today it is known as Caerleon, a large village on the northern outskirts of the city of Newport in south-east Wales.|
|Colonia Ulpia Traiana, Xanten was after Cologne the largest roman town in Germania Inferior. During the first three centuries about 10000 people lived within its walls. The town was situated on the river Rhine which was the eastern frontier of the roman empire.||11/02/2005||1,292|
|Segontium is a Roman auxiliary fort, located on the outskirts of Caernarfon in Gwynedd, north Wales.|
It probably takes its name from the nearby River Seiont, and may be related to the Segontiaci, a British tribe mentioned by Julius Caesar. The fort was founded by Agricola in 77 or 78 AD after he had conquered the Ordovices. It was the main Roman fort in North Wales and was design...
|Alchester is the Anglo-Saxon and modern name for a small town in the Roman province of Britannia. Its name in Latin is unknown. It is located two miles south of Bicester, in the northwest corner of the civil parish of Wendlebury in the English county of Oxfordshire. There is also an adjoining Roman military camp.|
|Viroconium Cornoviorum, or simply Viroconium, was a Roman town, one corner of which is now occupied by the small village of Wroxeter in the English county of Shropshire, about 8 km (5 miles) east-south-east of Shrewsbury.|
|Rutupiś was the Roman name for Richborough near Sandwich, Kent, which they founded after they landed in England in AD 43. A major port of Roman Britain (with Dubris, it was one of the start-points for the Roman road of Watling Street, which ran on to Canterbury and London), it has many phases of Roman remains, collectively known as Richborough Fort or Richborough Roman Fort, still visible today...||11/05/2009||369|
|A real town in Wales, known as "Stop And Call." Not sure about the history of this place, but it sure seems like it'll have an interesting one.||04/07/2008||628|
|The Roman Town House in Dorchester is a Roman ruin within Colliton Park, Dorchester, Dorset. Dorset County Council acquired Colliton Park in 1933 as the site for the construction of County Hall. The Town House was discovered in 1937/38 during an archaeological investigation carried out by the Dorset Natural History and Archaeological Society prior to the construction of the new building. Plans ...||12/30/2009||240|
|Coria was a fort and town, located 2.5 miles (4.0 km) south of Hadrian's Wall, in the Roman province of Britannia. Its full Latin name is uncertain. Today it is known as Corchester or Corbridge Roman Site, adjoining Corbridge in the English county of Northumberland.|
|Listed are 688 placemarks found so far with Roman amphitheatres, theatres, odeons (music theatres),circus and stadiums all over the Roman Empire.|
The placemarks are placed in each cateory with name of the city in Roman and today. Some only have the name from totay, other the Roman name only.