|Rating||Date Added||Downloads|| |
|RAF Chipping Norton was a World War II Royal Air Force station near Chipping Norton in Oxfordshire. It was operational from 10 July 1940 to 1945 and returned to agricultural use when disposed of in 1950.|
|St Eval airfield in June 1941. There are bomb craters within the airfield itself and beyond the perimeter track towards the bottom right of the photo. Note also the camouflage paint applied to the runway and to three large hangars and other buildings.||12/03/2009||570|
|RAF Chipping Warden is now used for the storage of hundreds of cars||01/13/2008||705|
|RAF Great Dunmow (Also known as Little Easton) is a former World War II airfield in England. The airfield is located 6 miles East of Bishops Stortford and a mile north of Stane Street, the A120. the main road from Bishops Stortford to Colchester in Essex. |
Great Dunmow airfield was one of 15 airfields in Essex that was allocated to the United States Army Air Forces by the Air Min...
|RAF Steeple Morden is a former World War II airfield in England. The field is located 3Ĺ miles W of Royston in Cambridgeshire. |
Between 1940 to September 1942, Steeple Morden was a grass satellite dispersal airfield used by No. 11 Squadron of RAF Bomber Command flying Vickers Wellingtons from RAF Bassingbourn.
When the airfield was turned over for American use, St...
|RAF Fowlmere is a former airfield in the United Kingdom. The airfield is located six miles SW of Cambridge in Cambridgeshire. |
Flying at Fowlmere originated in 1918 when the airfield was used by Royal Air Force and United States Army Air Service Aero Squadrons. After World War I ended, the hangars were all demolished along with the assorted buildings by 1923.
|High oblique photograph showing bombs bursting on newly-built hangars on the airfield at Desvres, France, during an attack by 6 Bristol Blenheim Mark IVs of No. 110 Squadron RAF, ('Circus' operation). ||08/17/2008||680|
|On 25 June the Group returned to Paris and again lost one to the vicious flak over that city. The B-24 (44-40129) flown by 1st Lt. Marvin W. Butler of the 855th took a direct burst in the bomb bay and broke in two just aft of the wing. "The tail section floated down slow and easy like a big box kite," but nobody saw any chutes. |
8th USAAF Strategic Operations from 25 Ju...
|RAF Hethel is a former World War II airfield used by the US during the Second World War (and briefly as an RAF station) in Norfolk, England situated located 7 miles south west of Norwich. |
Hethel airfield was constructd in 1942 for American use and was assigned USAAF designation Station 114.
From 14 September 1943 though to 12 June 1945, Hethel served as headquarters for t...
|RAF Snitterfield is a former Royal Air Force station located west of Snitterfield, Warwickshire, England, 3.3 miles (5.3 km) north of Stratford-upon-Avon and 4.6 miles (7.4 km) south-east of Henley-in-Arden, Warwickshire.|
Snitterfield was operational during the Second World War, the airfield was a class A airfield and had around 30 aircraft dispersals. The airfield was finished a...
|RAF Akeman Street is a former Royal Air Force station located north east of Minster Lovell, Oxfordshire. It was named after the Roman road which crosses the airfield.|
The airfield was a Relief Landing Ground (RLG) for RAF Brize Norton, with building starting in 1939 and opening on 10 July 1940. Active flying stopped on 15 August 1945, and the site was closed on 1 February 1947.
|RAF Kings Cliffe is a former World War II airfield in England. The field is located 12 miles W of Peterborough in Cambridgeshire. Originally the airfield was grass-surfaced but hard-surfaced runways and a perimeter track were laid down early in 1943. |
Kings Cliffe was assigned USAAF designation Station 367. It was the most northerly and furthest west of all Eighth Air Force fight...