|Rating||Date Added||Downloads|| |
|The Timisoara Orthodox Cathedral was built between 1937 and 1940. It has 11 towers. The central (and highest) tower has a height of 96 meters.||08/29/2005||371|
|Here you can clearly see the contours of the overgrown Opel circuit. It was used from 1919 to 1946 for public cycle- and car racing but also as a proving ground for new developments like the Raketenwagen RAK 1 by the Adam Opel AG.|
It was considered as Europe's fastest circuit because a average speed up to 140km/h was possible
|This 1937 aerial photograph shows a thinly populated Crown Point and the underdeveloped Mission Bay.||03/21/2007||438|
|Overlay map of Sabaudia (LT) in 1937. Sabaudia has been build in 297 days and "started" its life on April 14th, 1934.|
|This air base saw heavy fights during Opeation Overlord. Build in 1937, it was conquered in June 1940 by the Wehrmacht and becaom ethe home base of a German bomber squadron.|
Actually Carpiquet air base should had been taken during D-Day, but the Allies didn't succeed. Canadian forces attacked the airfield on 04.07.1944 (Operation WIndsor). It was finally taken by 08.07.44.
|One of hundreds of POW camps for German soldiers built from 1940 on in the UK.||09/07/2014||45|
|A huge number of vessels are moored at Gillingham in 1940||09/06/2014||77|
|Track of the FIS World Cup Downhill ski race in Wengen, Switzerland. The longest run in the entire World Cup.|
Strecke des Lauberhornrennen in Wengen, Schweiz. Die Längste Herren Abfartsstrecke der Welt.
|During World War II Peenemunde hosted the Heeresversuchsanstalt, an extensive rocket development and test site established in 1937, and headed by Wernher von Braun and Walter Dornberger. Between 1937 and 1945 two weapons, the V-1 and the V-2 were developed. Test-firing of the first V-1 occurred in early 1942 and the first V-2 first flew on October 3, 1942, from Prüfstand (Test stand) VII.||01/20/2006||1,796|
|RAF Debden is a former RAF airfield in England. The field is located 3 miles SE of Saffron Walden and approximately 1 mile north of the village of Debden in North Essex. |
The airfield was opened in April 1937 and was first used by the Royal Air Force. During the early years of World War II, it was a Sector Station with an Operations Block for No.11 Group RAF during the Battle of ...
|German attempts to camouflage parts of Hamburg, 1940||10/20/2005||1,346|
|This small area of woodland was taken by German troops in 1914, and during the winter of 1914/15 a system of trenches was constructed in the what the Allies called 'Croonaert Wood', but which the Germans named 'Baynerwald' ('Bavarian Wood') as it was Bavarian units which had first been stationed here. Adolf Hitler had served here in 1914/15, and was awarded an Iron Cross close by, while working...||09/18/2009||508|