Google Earth Hacks | File Downloads | Categories | Most Popular | Newest | Top Rated | By State | By Country
Google Earth Hacks Login | Register    
Logging in will reduce the number of ads that you see    
 
(advanced search)

Subscribe in a reader Get updates by e-mail Follow GEH on Twitter Follow Mickey on Twitter

Dig Deeper


Former Airship Shed in Auggen - Related Files

Info Map Comments (0) Related Files


Related Files

RatingDate AddedDownloads 

Remains of RNAS Longside (Lenabo) near to Smallburn

Remains of RNAS Longside (Lenabo) near to Smallburn

RNAS Longside, (Royal Naval Air Station) Longside, was a World War I airship station which was located approximately six miles (10 km) west of Peterhead at Longside in 1915. The station was also known as Lenabo.

Longside had three hangars, which would have been able to accommodate the largest airships being developed at the time, from the larger coastal or North Sea types of non...
No rating yet12/17/2009473Google Earth Logo
Google Maps Logo
Virtual Earth Logo
Yahoo Maps Logo
Google Earth Plug-in

Hangar Y - A Former Airship Shed at Chalais Meudon

Hangar Y - A Former Airship Shed at Chalais Meudon

Hangar Y, located in Meudon, was built in 1880 on request of the military engineer Captain Charles Renard (1847-1905), for the construction of balloons and airships. The building is 70 meters long, 24 meters wide and around 26 meters high.
The airship 'La France', designed by Charles Renard and Arthur Krebs, was built in Hangar Y in 1884 and was the first airship which was controllable d...
No rating yet11/21/2008545Google Earth Logo
Google Maps Logo
Virtual Earth Logo
Yahoo Maps Logo
Google Earth Plug-in

Former Airship Shed partial destroyed in Dolgoprudny

Former Airship Shed partial destroyed in Dolgoprudny

A settlement of Vinogradovo situated in the place of the modern town was known at least since the 17th century. Then a railway was built in 1900s and a railway platform was built in 1914. The settlement started to develop as an airship manufacturing plant was built there in 1931. The aeronautic engineer Umberto Nobile worked there for five years during the 1930s. For a few years during the 1930...
No rating yet11/21/2008546Google Earth Logo
Google Maps Logo
Virtual Earth Logo
Yahoo Maps Logo
Google Earth Plug-in

Mullion Admiralty Airship Station - HMS Bonython

Mullion Admiralty Airship Station - HMS Bonython

Sometimes referred to as the Lizard Airship Station and known locally as HMS Bonython, Mullion Admiralty Airship Station opened in June 1916 with the intention of it becoming a major airship base with a number of out-stations. The Admiralty acquired 320 acres of land from the Bonython Estate for the purpose of providing much-needed counter submarine patrols. Initially, one large airship shed me...
No rating yet12/02/2009666Google Earth Logo
Google Maps Logo
Virtual Earth Logo
Yahoo Maps Logo
Google Earth Plug-in

Former Airship Shed in Montebourg-Ecausseville

Former Airship Shed in Montebourg-Ecausseville

In France few big hangars had been built, because with the ôSpiesö there was only one attempt to built a rigid airship. Nevertheless at the end of the First World War an airship station for rigid airships was built in Cuers-Pierrefeu by adding the parts of smaller hangars to two big ones.

At the airport at Paris-Orly two concrete hangars (demolished in 1942) were built between 1...
Rating of 411/21/2008285Google Earth Logo
Google Maps Logo
Virtual Earth Logo
Yahoo Maps Logo
Google Earth Plug-in

Former Airship Shed in Augusta

Former Airship Shed in Augusta

The Hangar was built in order to provide South Italy with an air defence by airships against the continuous attacks from German u-boats during the First world war.Its costruction began in 1917.They intended to finish it in very short time,but it was not possible and when it was really finished,the war had already ended and all the strategic efforts seemed to be useless. However it became operat...
No rating yet11/21/2008349Google Earth Logo
Google Maps Logo
Virtual Earth Logo
Yahoo Maps Logo
Google Earth Plug-in

Wingfoot Lake Airship Base

Wingfoot Lake Airship Base

The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company's Wingfoot Lake Airship Base, sometimes called "The Kitty Hawk of Lighter-Than-Air," is the oldest airship base in the United States. The Spirit of Goodyear blimp is based at this facility at Suffield,OH.
No rating yet02/14/2007466Google Earth Logo
Google Maps Logo
Virtual Earth Logo
Yahoo Maps Logo
Google Earth Plug-in

Airship factory

Airship factory

Build as a airship factory, but today it's an indoor tropical waterpark.
Rating of 2.503/30/2006415Google Earth Logo
Google Maps Logo
Virtual Earth Logo
Yahoo Maps Logo
Google Earth Plug-in

German Zeppelin Airbase Tonder

German Zeppelin Airbase Tonder

The Germans need for airships grew fast in the first months of the war, and already in September 1914 it was suggested to build an airship base in T°nder. The first 2 sheds where finished in March 1915. Their dimensions were 540 feet long, 95 feet high and 120 feet wide.

On the March 23 1915 the first airship, Parceval PL 25, arrived in T°nder. This non-rigid airship was based in...
No rating yet08/29/2009357Google Earth Logo
Google Maps Logo
Virtual Earth Logo
Yahoo Maps Logo
Google Earth Plug-in

Ring transit shed for locomotives

Ring transit shed for locomotives

Here you see a ring transit shed for locomatives in Krefeld, Germany.
No rating yet08/31/2006304Google Earth Logo
Google Maps Logo
Virtual Earth Logo
Yahoo Maps Logo
Google Earth Plug-in

Former Airship Hangars in Riga

Former Airship Hangars in Riga

The Riga Central Market was build from two airship hangars. These hangars came from the former WW I airship station Wainoden (Vaiņode), Courland. The two hangars were 240m long and had a volume of 70.500m│. They were named "Walhalla" and "Walther" and build by Seibert Company from Saarbrucken.

In 1924 the hangars was bought by the council of Riga to build up the Central Mark...
No rating yet11/18/20081,012Google Earth Logo
Google Maps Logo
Virtual Earth Logo
Yahoo Maps Logo
Google Earth Plug-in

Remains of the RNAS  Howden Airship Station near to Spaldington

Remains of the RNAS Howden Airship Station near to Spaldington

This is all there is to see of the site of an airship station from the 1920s. The circular concrete circles were the bases of gas tanks and water tanks. All traces of the huge hangars have long since disappeared.

In 1915, during the First World War, the British Admiralty needed a suitable site in north-east England for a new airship station, to protect the ports and ships from th...
No rating yet12/03/2009947Google Earth Logo
Google Maps Logo
Virtual Earth Logo
Yahoo Maps Logo
Google Earth Plug-in

 

Google Earth Hacks is not affiliated with Google in any way

"Google" and "Google Earth" are trademarks of Google Inc.

Google Earth Hacks © 2005 - 2014 MickMel, Inc - Privacy Statement

GEH in the News - GEH en Espa˝ol - GEH auf Deutsch - GEH en Franšais