|Rating||Date Added||Downloads|| |
|During the Cold War the German Federal Post (Deutsche Bundespost) had it's alternate seat in a bunker at this house near the smal city Staffel. It was called "Sonderbetriebsstelle Kesseling 0". 3.3 km from here they had their transmitter called "Sonderbetriebsstelle Kesseling 1" and 5.5 km their transmitter "Weibern 2"|
The windows towards the road ha...
|This German bunker was to defend the north-side of the Moerdijk-Bridges.|
This bunker, of type 622 with an extra tobruk, was part of the Baupunkt 97 of the Stutzpunktgruppe Moerdijk.
Fotos and info: http://www.ww2museums.com/article/5691
|In the Sint-Hubrechtsstraat, near number 51, is a German bunker from the Second World War. It is located next to a large house dating from 1897.|
In the Second World War the Germand build a bunker in this house. It was used foor communications and wasmade of concrete walls with a thickness of 1 meter. There was also a room for two machine-guns.
|The Government Bunker (Regierungsbunker) in Germany, officially named Ausweichsitz der Verfassungsorgane des Bundes im Krisen- und Verteidigungsfall zur Wahrung von deren Funktionstüchtigkeit [AdVB] (Emergency Seat of the Federal Constitutional Organs in the event of Crisis or Defence Situations to maintain their Ability to Function) was a massive underground complex designed to house the Germa...||08/02/2009||430|
|From September 1940 was La Pallice the alternative base for the Italian Betasom submarines (the main base of operations being Bordeaux). The 3rd Flotilla took over the base on October 27, 1941. |
In April 1941 the German Command decided to build also a bunker in La Pallice. The first two pens were finished in October 1941. The U-boat bunker was 195 m wide, 165 m long and 19m high....
|In 1943 the Germans started to build a big bunker for the Luftwaffe at the Bornia Estate. The bunker got the codename Cäsar and type number L 487B. Early 1944 this bunker was completed, but because of a reorganisation within the Luftwaffe, the bunker was never put into use by the Germans.|
Only when the war was finished, the bunker was put into use by the Dutch Royal Air Force. However, i...
|The German Central Bank, where all Germany's gold is stored.||09/23/2005||973|
|This former bunker of the Atlantic Wall was restored to the state as it looked like in June 1944. The museum shows the daily life of the German garrison on 5 floors.|
There are Allied and German vehicles on the outside, like the V1 or the Flak88
|This German casemate is a recycled Dutch casemate. The old loop-holes were closed and new made in the northern wall. In front of the bunker is a tobruk for a flame thrower. |
The bunker was part of the Baupunkt 97 of the Stutzpunktgruppe Moerdijk.
More info : http://www.ww2museums.com/article/5692
|This U-boat bunker is located in Bremen. The bunker was 362m x 68m in size and the roof of the bunker was 4,5m thick. The construction of the bunker started in March 1944 and was never completed.|
|The Einsatzzentrale Basisraum (EZB), is an Austrian government bunker facility in St. Johann im Pongau in Salzburg. |
The Operations Center was built in the years after 1977 during the Cold War on the basis of experience gained from the events around the crushing of the Prague Spring that have been erected.
For this a five storeys bunker 300 meters below the surfac...
|Bunker Aachen Forest|
(Germany - Nordrhein-Westfalen - Aachen)
This bunker was part of the Westwall and was build in 1939. It was of type Regelbautyp SK/6a No. 153 and was 10.7 by 12 metres tall. The walls are 2 metres thick and the bunker had a armoured dome with a MG 08. The crew existed of 9 soldiers.
On 13 and 14 September 1944 there were fights a...