|Rating||Date Added||Downloads|| |
|The Camp de Rivesaltes is a military camp in France (also called camp Joffre) located on the territory of the commune of Rivesaltes in Pyrénées-Orientales in the South of France. The camp was also used for interning several civil populations from 1939 to 2007. The darkest period of the camp was in 1942 when 2251 Jews, including 110 children of the Rivesaltes Camp were transferred via the Drancy...||08/21/2009||330|
|The camp Le Vernet (or Camp Vernet) served several functions between June 1918 and 1948:|
June 1918: Establishment of the camp to house French colonial troops during World War I. Short after the opening of the camp, it became a camp for German and Austrian POW's.
During the interbellum: Military depot.
1939: Reception camp for refugees Spanish civil war...
|overlay of the Manzanar Japanese Internment Camp, where citizens of Japanese ancestry were forced to reside during WWII||08/28/2005||540|
|Frøslev Prison Camp (Danish: Frøslevlejren; German: Polizeigefangenenlager Frøslev) was an internment camp in German-occupied Denmark during World War II.|
In order to avoid deportation of Danes to German concentration camps, Danish authorities suggested, in January 1944, that an internment camp be created in Denmark. The German occupation authorities consented, and the camp was e...
|At Springhirsch near Kaltenkirchen was from August 1944 to April 1945 a satellite camp of concentration camp Neuengamme. |
The prisoners had to construct a military airport.
About 700 of them died in this camp.
Some remains of the camp are still visible. There is also a small museum and a memorial.
|Salaspils concentration camp was established at the end of 1941 at a point 18 km southeast of Riga,in the country of Latvia. The Nazi bureaucracy drew distinctions between different types of camps. Officially, Salaspils was a Police Prison and Work Education Camp (Polezeigegfängnis und Arbeitserziehungslager). It was also known as camp Kurtenhof after the German name for the city of Salaspils. ...||01/05/2010||459|
|Ravensbrück was a notorious women's concentration camp during in World War II, located in northern Germany, 90 km north of Berlin at a site near the village of Ravensbrück (part of Fürstenberg/Havel). Construction of the camp began in November 1938 by SS leader Heinrich Himmler and was unusual in that it was a camp primarily for women. The camp opened in May 1939. In the spring of 1941, the SS ...||08/10/2007||2,347|
|A reconnaissance picture of the concentration camp Dachau near Munich made during WWII.|
In total, over 200,000 prisoners from more than 30 countries were housed in Dachau. Beginning in 1941, Dachau was also used for extermination purposes. Camp records list 30,000 persons killed in the camp, with thousands more who died due to the conditions in the camp. In early 1945, there was ...
|Camp Gurs was an internment and refugee camp constructed by the French government in 1939. The camp was originally set up in southwestern France after the fall of Catalonia at the end of the Spanish Civil War to control those who fled Spain out of fear of retaliation from Francisco Franco's regime. At the start of the World War II, the French government interned Germans and citizens of other Ax...||08/21/2009||201|
|In Pithiviers, in the Loiret department, approximately 50 km south of Paris, was built at the beginning of World War II prisoner of war camp in order to imprison German soldiers. After the French defeat of 1940, it was used by the French Vichy regime as a transit camp (frz: camp de transit de Pithiviers) for French and foreign Jews interned refugees. Here, in May 1941 during the round of the Op...||01/05/2010||253|
|The Drancy deportation camp of Paris, France was used to hold Jews who were later deported to the extermination camps. 65,000 Jews were deported from Drancy, of which 63,000 were murdered including 6,000 children. Only 2,000 remained alive when Allied forces liberated the camp on 17 August 1944.|
Drancy was under the control of the French police until 1943 when administration was ...
|Trawniki village is located approximately 40 km east of Lublin. In autumn 1941, the Nazis established a labour camp at an old sugar factory, and an SS training camp for SS recruits from Russia and the Baltic States.||12/02/2009||974|