|Rating||Date Added||Downloads|| |
|This German bunker was to defend the north-side of the Moerdijk-Bridges.|
This bunker, of type 622 with an extra tobruk, was part of the Baupunkt 97 of the Stutzpunktgruppe Moerdijk.
Fotos and info: http://www.ww2museums.com/article/5691
|This German casemate is a recycled Dutch casemate. The old loop-holes were closed and new made in the northern wall. In front of the bunker is a tobruk for a flame thrower. |
The bunker was part of the Baupunkt 97 of the Stutzpunktgruppe Moerdijk.
More info : http://www.ww2museums.com/article/5692
|This German anti-aircraft battery consisted of seven 10,5cm guns (of whom 4 modern SK/C 32 pieces) and is located near the German coastal battery Heerenduin.||08/29/2009||304|
|This German anti-aircraft battery consisted of four 10,5 cm guns of the type SK/C 32.|
|23 Aug 1944|
STRATEGIC OPERATIONS (Fifteenth Air Force):
In Austria, 472 B-24s and B-17s supported by P-51s and P-38s bomb the S industrial area of Vienna, the Wiener-Neudorf aircraft engine factory, Vosendorf oil refinery, and Markersdorf Airfield, and attack targets at Ferrara, Italy, missing a river bridge but hitting a synthetic rubber factory.
|This heavy anti-aircraft battery was built during World War 2. It's armanant composed of four 3.7 inch (94 mm) Bofors pieces.||09/04/2009||279|
|Site of WW2 anti-aircraft battery||01/06/2006||401|
|Groundwork of the Bridge at Remagen over the river Rhine.|
Editors note - There isn't a bridge yet, but you can see the beginnings of a bridge on either side of the Rhine.
Additional info (from user 600ccm):
On the 7th of March 1945, an advance unit of the 9th U.S. Armored Division, led by LT Karl H. Timmermann, an American of German descent, reached th...
|On the village-square of Burdinne are two German PAK-40 anti-tank guns located next to the war memorial of Burdinne.|
Address:Rue de Huy, Burdinne
|The Ludendorff Bridge was a railroad bridge across the Rhine in Germany, connecting the cities of Remagen and Erpel.|
The bridge is famous for its capture by Allied forces in the Second World War. The bridge was an important strategic point in WWII because it was the only remaining bridge which led over the Rhine River into Germany and Berlin.
he bridge had been bui...
|This Spigot Mortar Emplacement stands at the entrance to Elvetham Heath.|
|This heavy anti-aircraft battery is situated in a field just above the beach, on the E side of the B842 public road, N of Campbeltown. Four brick and concrete gun-emplacements, a command position survive with one other building stepped up the bank towards the road.|
No records have yet been found describing any armament for this Battery, it is possible that it was built as late as the 195...