|Rating||Date Added||Downloads|| |
|RAF Hornchurch is most famous as a battle of Britain airfield. It was known as Sutton's Farm during the First World War and was operational on 3 October 1915.|
During World War II the station was a Sector Airfield of RAF Fighter Command's 11 Group, covering London and the south east of England during the Battle of Britain in 1940. By this time, its command centre was in Romford, and a sat...
|Asch Airfield is an abandoned World War II military airfield which is located approximately 3 miles south-southeast of As, Belgium (Limburg); approximately 55 miles south-southeast of Brussels.|
The airfield was built by the United States Army Air Force IX Engineer Command, 852nd and 846th Engineer Aviation Battalions in November 1944.
Known as Advanced Landing Grou...
|Note the many CG-4A gliders on the airfield.|
Welford airfield (also called Welford Park) was built as one of the many Operational Training Unit airfields for the Southern Counties and was intended originally as a base for No 92 group Bomber Command. The original design called for a standard RAF 3 runway layout with the main runway of 2000ft aligned NW/SE to be a satellite airfiel...
|Strassfeld Airfield is an abandoned World War II military airfield located in Germany, about 5 miles east-northeast of Euskirchen (Nordrhein-Westfalen); approximately 310 miles southwest of Berlin.|
Strassfield was built prior to World War II as a grass airfield, probably a small airport serving the Euskirchen area.
The Luftwaffe did not use the airfield until March...
|RAF Steeple Morden is a former World War II airfield in England. The field is located 3Ĺ miles W of Royston in Cambridgeshire. |
Between 1940 to September 1942, Steeple Morden was a grass satellite dispersal airfield used by No. 11 Squadron of RAF Bomber Command flying Vickers Wellingtons from RAF Bassingbourn.
When the airfield was turned over for American use, St...
|In the german Luftwaffe, the airfield was called Nancy-Essay.||02/27/2007||698|
|These are the remains of the former airfield of Avedore.|
It was opened 1917 and was the beginning of the danish airforce. It was danish airfield until 1940 whe the german occupation began. The germans took most items with them to their airfield Vaerlose NW of Copenhagen. 1945 it was all over.
Today only 2 wooden hangars remains, the oldest in the world. The 10 smal...
|The airfield was founded in 1936, initially for recreational purposes. At the beginning of World War II German forces attempted to capture the airfield, in 1940, via an airborne landing during the Battle for The Hague. This failed however and Dutch forces recaptured the airfield. After the Netherlands eventually surrendered to Germany, the Luftwaffe made no use of the airfield during the remain...||09/19/2008||560|
|Here is the base for all german paratrooper. It calls LLTS. You can see many of details. The airfield, dropzone and the tower for the training on ground.||09/04/2007||403|
|A few days after the occupation of Denmark, the local Danish authorities were informed by the Germans that an airfield was to be established on an approx. 600 ha. area to the south of Rom church.|
Work started that year and by 1941, the grass airstrips, the concrete taxiways, the dispersal bays, the ammunition and fuel depots and the anti-aircraft defences had taken form. The 43 c...
|The Battle of Halbe (German: Kessel von Halbe, Russian: Хальбский "котел", Halbe cauldron) lasted from April 24 to May 1, 1945 was a battle in which the German Ninth Army, under the command of Colonel General Theodor Busse was destroyed by the Red Army during the Battle for Berlin.|
|tting Common, in Cambridgeshire, was an RAF Bomber Command airfield during World War 2.|