|Rating||Date Added||Downloads|| |
|(Portuguese: Capela dos Ossos) is one of the best known monuments in Evora, Portugal. |
The lugubrious chapel is formed by three spans 18.7 meters long and 11 meters wide. Light enters through three small openings on the left. Its walls and eight pillars are "decorated" in carefully arranged bones and skulls held together by cement.
The ceiling is made of white painted bri...
|This war cemetery, an ossuary, started after the First World War, and there are 8,582 soldiers from Austria-Hungary and Germany buried here.|
In 1956, 847 German soldiers who were killed in the Second World War were buried around the ossuary.
|The Queen's Chapel is a Christian chapel in central London, England that was designed by Inigo Jones and built between 1623 and 1625 as an adjunct to St. James's Palace. It is one of the facilties of the British monarch's personal religious establishment, the Chapel Royal, and should not be confused with the room known as the Chapel Royal in the main part of the palace, which is just a short di...||11/18/2006||330|
|The Aachen Cathedral (Wikipedia), frequently referred to as the "Imperial Cathedral" (in German: Kaiserdom) of Aachen, is the oldest cathedral in northern Europe. Charlemagne began the construction of the Palace Chapel in 786. When he died in 814, he was buried in his own cathedral, and his bones are still preserved in a special shrine...||08/11/2005||1,237|
|an excellent 3D model of the Kings College Chapel in Cambridge, England (3.7MBytes - GE 4 only). This model combines good geometric 3D detail with carefully done textures. It was developed and first posted by someone called 'barnabu'.||07/09/2006||7,481|
|The grave chapel from the house Wuerttemberg. It was built by king Wilhelm I. between 1820 and 1824 for his second wife Katharina Pawlowa (1788-1819). Herself, Wilhelm I. and their daughter were buried there. The building was planned by Giovanni SALUCCI. From there you have a great view over Stuttgart.||06/20/2007||512|
|Notre Dame de Lorette is the name of a ridge, basilica, and cemetery northwest of Arras at the village of Ablain-Saint-Nazaire. The high point of the hump-backed ridge stands 165 metres high and - with Vimy Ridge - utterly dominates the otherwise flat Douai plain and the town of Arras.|
The ground was strategically important during the First World War and was bitterly contested in...
|This little building that looks like a farmer house is in reality an old chapel consecrated to saint Anne. When you say "Anne" in the region of Bretagne, all the people would directly think about Anne of Bretagne, who was the duchess of Bretagne from 1488 to 1514. |
|When James Hepburn, Earl of Bothwell, died 1576 or 1578 in his cell on nearby Dragsholm Castle he was layed to rest in a chapel underneath Faarevejle church.|
From 1949 he got his final resting place in a new chapel. He was showed laying in his coffin covered by glas. 1976 the coffin was closed but photos were taken and are on display on the wall. On display is also his coat of arms.
|The Pantheon of National Revival Heroes (Bulgarian: Пантеон на възрожденците) is a Bulgarian national monument and an ossuary, located in the city of Rousse. 39 famous Bulgarians are buried in it, including Lyuben Karavelov, Zahari Stoyanov, Stefan Karadzha, Panayo...||01/14/2009||257|
|Sudeley Castle is a castle located near Winchcombe, Gloucestershire, England. It dates from the 10th century, but the inhabited portion is chiefly Elizabethan. The castle has a notable garden, which is designed and maintained to a very high standard. The chapel, St. Mary's Sudeley, is the burial place of Queen Catherine Parr (c. 1512–1548), the sixth wife of King Henry VIII, and contains her ma...||09/18/2009||273|
|This is the birthplace of the Christmas carol "Stille Nacht" (Silent Night), which was first performed at the former St. Nikola parish church by the school master Franz Gruber and the young priest Joseph Mohr on Christmas Eve 1818, from where it spread out to the world. As in the 1890s several floods of the Salzach river destroyed large parts of Oberndorf, the church was finally demol...||12/26/2009||457|