|Rating||Date Added||Downloads|| |
|The Birkrigg stone circle, also known as the Druid's Temple is a Bronze Age stone circle in the English county of Cumbria dating to between 1700 and 1400 BC.|
It consists of two rings of stones, the outer measuring 26m and consisting of 15 stones and the inner being 9m wide and consisting of 10 stones. None of the stones is more than 0.6m tall.
Five cremations were ...
|The Rollright Stones are a complex of megalithic oolitic limestone monuments near the villages of Long Compton, Great Rollright and Little Rollright in England, lying across the present county border between the counties of Oxfordshire and Warwickshire. The complex consists of three separate sites: The King's Men, The King's Stone and The Whispering Knights. According to local folklore the ston...||10/27/2007||802|
|These stones seems not belonged to here.There are no other similar rock around here.||11/04/2008||542|
|The Bridestones consist of a chambered cairn, built in the Neolithic Stone Age, near Congleton, Cheshire, England. In 1764, the cairn was 100 metres long and 11 metres wide; it contained three separate compartments, of which only one remains today. The remaining compartment is 6 metres long by 2.7 metres wide, and consists of vertical stone slabs, divided by a now-broken cross slab. The cairn o...||11/03/2009||211|
|Kays of Scotland company in Mauchline is a company that makes the Curling stones used at the Winter Olympics, World Championships and other tournaments. They also repair used stones so they run as new.|
They get the special green granite rocks for the stones from the island Ailsa Craig on the West coast of Scotland. Allthough Ailsa Craig today is a bird sanctuary and the use of dy...
|The Stanton Drew stone circles are just outside the village of Stanton Drew, Somerset. The largest is the Great Circle, a henge monument consisting of the second largest stone circle in Britain (after Avebury). The stone circle is 113 m in diameter and probably consisted of 30 stones, of which 27 survive today. The North East Circle is 30 m in diameter and probably consisted of 10 or more stone...||11/04/2009||343|
|Boskednan stone circle is a partially restored prehistoric stone circle, around 4 miles (6 kilometres) northeast of the town of Penzance in Cornwall, United Kingdom. The megalithic monument is traditionally known as the Nine Maidens or Nine Stones of Boskednan, although the original structure may have contained as many as 22 upright stones around its 69 metre perimeter.|
|The two runic stones outside Jelling church was created around the year 955 and 965. On the front of the big stone from around 965 it shows the cruzified Christ with a viking dragon artwork around it.|
The stone was raised by the danish King Harold Bluetooth and has a script in that times nordic language that says:
HARALTR KUNUKR BATH KAURUA KUBL THAUSI AFT KURM FATHUR SIN ...
|Tregeseal East is a heavily restored prehistoric stone circle around one mile northeast of the town of St Just in Cornwall, United Kingdom. The nineteen granite stones are also known as The Dancing Stones. It is the one surviving circle of three that once stood aligned along an east-west axis on the hillside to the south of Carn Kenidjack.|
|The Cockpit is the largest and most impressive of the Moor Divock circles. The stone circles and burial mounds date back to the bronze age. It consists of a low bank of stones, 3 metres wide, and with an internal diameter of about 26m, which surrounds a featureless short turfed interior. Set into the bank are many large stones, the tallest of which form the inner face of the circle, some reachi...||01/21/2008||510|
|Ailsa Craig (Scottish Gaelic: Creag Ealasaid) is an island in the outer Firth of Clyde, Scotland where granite was quarried to make curling stones. "Ailsa" is pronounced "ale-sa", with the first syllable stressed. The now uninhabited island is formed from the volcanic plug of an extinct volcano.|
The island was a haven for Catholics during the Scottish Reformation in the 16th cent...
|King Arthurís Hall is situated in an area of open moorland that extends north towards the settlements and ritual monuments of Louden Hill, eastwards towards Garrow Tor and south to Hawkstor. The monument consists of fifty-six stones which originally stood upright forming the internal face of a steep sided rectangular bank. The stones, which may originally have numbered as many as 140, vary in h...||12/12/2009||284|