|Rating||Date Added||Downloads|| |
|Fort Battleford was the sixth North-West Mounted Police fort to be established in the North-West Territories of Canada, and played a central role in the events of the North-West Rebellion / Resistance of 1885. It was there that Chief Poundmaker was arrested, and that six Cree and two Stoney men were hanged for their participation in the Frog Lake massacre and other killings.|
|Fernacre stone circle is sited on a gentle east facing moorland slope surrounded by three hills which mark the cardinal points of the compass, giving the impression that this location was very carefully chosen. Brown Willy stands due east, Rough Tor is due north, and Garrow Tor lies south. Louden Hill is also just visible to the west-north-west while to the west, though not intervisible, lies t...||12/12/2009||182|
|CMA CGM expands with giant ships |
The French carrier CMA CGM has signaled its intentions by announcing it will gradually phase in eight 8,500-TEU container ships on the Far East – Europe service. The new ships will replace an existing fleet of eight 6,500-TEU vessels, that will be released for service on the company’s North China Express service (NCX).
In turn eig...
|RAF Perton is a former Royal Air Force Relief Landing Ground (RLG) located 3.2 miles (5.1 km) north west of Wolverhampton, West Midlands and 10.2 miles (16.4 km) north east of Bridgnorth, Shropshire, England.|
It was open between 1941 and 1945.
|Two British Navy ships in Mare Harbour, East Falkland Island. This is the military harbour that supplies Mt Pleasant air base to the north.||06/26/2006||740|
|Old hangar (RAF type B1) on the North side of the former North Killingholme airfield.|
RAF North Killingholme is a former Royal Air Force station in England, used during the later years of World War II. It was located just to the west of the village of North Killingholme in North Lincolnshire.
The station opened in November 1943 and became fully operational in Janua...
|During almost all of World War II, Germany was constantly short of raw material. In order to save iron, German engineers revived an idea that was first conceived in France in 1848 - Concrete Ships.|
Starting in 1940, a series of fifty concrete ships was build in shipyards along the Baltic Sea. They were used as supply ships for the German Navy operating in the Baltic Sea and the N...
|This tool shows positions of ships around the World if informations about the ships.|
Ships are even made in 3D and apears when you zoom in.
Note; If you have a slow computer it can take some time to upload.
|Only 2 out of 2751 Liberty ships survived over the years.|
The Liberty ships were cargo ships built in the United States during World War II. They were cheap and quick to build, and came to symbolize U.S. wartime industrial output. Based on vessels ordered by Britain to replace ships torpedoed by German U-boats, they were purchased for the U.S. fleet and for lend-lease provision t...
|The Suez Canal is a large artificial canal in Egypt, west of the Sinai Peninsula. It was originally 164 km (102 miles) long, 300 m (984 ft) wide at its narrowest point and 8 m (26 ft) deep. After multiple enlargements over time, the canal is 193 km (120 mi) long and 24 m (79 ft) deep. The canal connects Port Said (Būr Sa'īd) at Lake Manzala in the north at the Mediterranean Sea, with ...||02/10/2008||2,368|
|Vertical aerial view of "Battleship Row", beside Ford Island, during the early part of the horizontal bombing attack on the ships moored there. Photographed from a Japanese aircraft.|
Ships seen are (from left to right): USS Nevada ; USS Arizona with USS Vestal moored outboard; USS Tennessee with USS West Virginia moored outboard; USS Maryland with USS Oklahoma moored outboard; and ...
|Vauxhall Bridge is a steel arched bridge for road and foot traffic, crossing the River Thames in a north-west south-east orientation, between Lambeth Bridge and Grosvenor Bridge, in central London. On the north bank is Westminster, with Tate Britain and the Millbank Tower to the north-east, and Pimlico and its tube station to the north and east. On the south bank, Vauxhall Cross, site of Vauxha...||01/23/2007||378|