|Rating||Date Added||Downloads|| |
|On the river Medwey.|
The Short Empire was a medium range four engined monoplane passenger and mail carrying flying boat, of the 1930s and 1940s, that flew between Britain and the British colonies in Africa, Asia and Australia as well as providing service between Bermuda and New York City. It was manufactured by Short Brothers and was developed in parallel with the Short Sunderlan...
|At the river Medway in Rochester.|
The Short Empire was a medium range four engined monoplane passenger and mail carrying flying boat, of the 1930s and 1940s, that flew between Britain and the British colonies in Africa, Asia and Australia as well as providing service between Bermuda and New York City. It was manufactured by Short Brothers and was developed in parallel with the Sh...
|The first stone defences in Plymouth were those of the 15th century Plymouth Castle of which only a very small part of one tower remains near the Citadel. Previous to this the main local defences were at Plympton, but the importance of this castle faded as the River Plym silted up.|
In the first half of the 16th century six blockhouses were built along the shore. A fort was constr...
|HMS Plymouth is a Rothesay class frigate, which served in the United Kingdom Royal Navy from 1959 to 1988. She was named after the English city of Plymouth. Since decommissioning as a warship, HMS Plymouth has been preserved, and opened to the public at various United Kingdom ports.||12/17/2009||614|
|Plymouth's Royal Citadel was built in the late 1660s as King Charles II decided it was necessary after the Dutch Wars of 1664-67 to realise the importance of Plymouth as a channel port.||10/11/2005||374|
|William Bradford (c.1590 in The Manor House, Austerfield Ė c.1657) was an English Separatist leader in Leiden, Holland and in Plymouth Colony. He was a signatory to the Mayflower Compact and served as Plymouth Colony Governor five times covering about thirty years between 1621 and 1657. His journal 'Of Plymouth Plantation' covering the period from 1620 to 1657 in Plymouth Colony is an important...||11/19/2013||148|
|Smeatonís Tower is one of Plymouthís most prominent landmarks. Designed by John Smeaton, construction began in 1756 and was completed in 1759. For 123 years, it warned ships of the dangerous Eddystone Rocks located some 22 kilometers off the coast of Plymouth.||10/10/2005||393|
|Small plane flying over Cann Wood near Plymouth, England||10/07/2008||614|
|Construction of these factory buildings began in 1937, as a result of a business partnership between Sir Maurice Denny, Managing Director of the Dumbarton firm Denny Shipbuilders, and Robert Blackburn, of Yorkshire's Blackburn Aeroplane and Motor Company. The site on which the factory stood was called Barge Park; completed machines would be taken across the River Clyde by barge to Abbotsinch ai...||01/29/2010||405|
|Home of the Martin Mars Flying boats. World's largest active propeller driven water bomber and largest seaplane ever to enter production.||12/05/2005||400|
|The aircraft NZ4115 (c/n1552) was built for the RAF (SZ584) in1945, and in May 1946 was loaned to BOAC (G-AHJR). After be-ing returned to the RAF, the aircraft was refurbished prior to beingsold to the RNZAF. After being retired by the RNZAF, the aircraftwas donated to MOTAT in December 1966.||05/18/2007||650|
|These boats was sunk, to save the small harbour against wind and waves.|
The boats are from type "Projekt 183" of the East German navy.