|Rating||Date Added||Downloads|| |
|This heavy anti-aircraft battery is situated in a field just above the beach, on the E side of the B842 public road, N of Campbeltown. Four brick and concrete gun-emplacements, a command position survive with one other building stepped up the bank towards the road.|
No records have yet been found describing any armament for this Battery, it is possible that it was built as late as the 195...
|This heavy anti-aircraft battery was built during World War 2. It's armanant composed of four 3.7 inch (94 mm) Bofors pieces.||09/04/2009||289|
|This German anti-aircraft battery consisted of seven 10,5cm guns (of whom 4 modern SK/C 32 pieces) and is located near the German coastal battery Heerenduin.||08/29/2009||325|
|This German anti-aircraft battery consisted of four 10,5 cm guns of the type SK/C 32.|
|This Victorian coastal battery was used during World War 2 as observation point for the 'New battery'. It's main armanant composed of anti-aircraft guns.|
The battery today: It is currently opened to the public.
|Site of WW2 anti-aircraft battery||01/06/2006||405|
|The Chadwell Heath Anti Aircraft Battery was one of the largest purpose built AA sites protecting London during the Blitz of 1940-41.|
This battery held 8x 4.5inch guns, reflective of its importance as the last line of defence against enemy bombers heading to Dagenham and the London Docks.
The site was built in 1935 and the buildings are mostly of brick (with concrete render) and r...
|he naval coastal battery "Hanstholm II" with its 38 cm guns was the heaviest battery in Denmark. During the war, the largest fortification of nothern Europe developed around it. Together with a sister batterie at Kristiansand in Norway, hostile ships should be hindered from entering the Baltic Sea. The distance between Kristansand and Hanstholm amounts to approximately 120 km. As the ...||03/05/2007||907|
|In early 1942 surveys were carried out with a view to establishing four fixed HAA batteries around Lyttelton Harbour. Quail Island was chosen as one of the sites. |
As the threat of enemy attack receded only one HAA battery was built. This was on high ground above the port of Lyttelton.
Although the contract was allocated in November 1942, by August 1942 work had already begun.
|This photo is from an aerial record compiled by the government in 1944 and shows Wanstead Park and surrounds on 7 August 1944. The H.E. and V1 damage to Heronry Pond can be seen, plus V1 damage in Tennyson Avenue and in Wanstead Park Avenue (just in East Ham but dealt with by Wanstead CD). What appears to be a heavy anti-aircraft battery can also be seen on Wanstead Flats.||06/06/2008||726|
|Overhead aerial of the gun battery at Mont Fleury, behind 'King Red' Beach GOLD Area, after air bombardment, showing four medium casemates under construction. Note also the anti-tank ditch, (left), and minefields, (centre top). The battery consisted of four 12.2 cm Polish guns (one in a completed casemate) manned by elements of the German 1260th GHQ Coastal Artillery Battalion, and was captured...||08/17/2008||1,020|
|This structure, now used as a beach house, was completed in September 1943 on a government-owned 1.41 acre site as a Base-End Station for Fort Dearborn and Fort Foster. The second story observation level was intended for Battery 205 (B6 S6), and the first story level was for Battery Seaman (B11 S11). The roof, through a trap-door, was used as the anti-aircraft intelligence station (AAIS OP 10)....||04/12/2007||596|