|Rating||Date Added||Downloads|| |
|RAF Great Ashfield was a World War II airfield in England. It is located 10 miles east of Bury St. Edmunds and two miles south of Great Ashfield village in Suffolk. Great Ashfield Airfield is still in private use although much reduced in size. It was originally a Royal Flying Corps grass landing strip on this site in World War I, and before the USAAF arrived the RAF had been using it for traini...||09/09/2014||51|
|RAF Shepherds Grove is a former Royal Air Force base in Suffolk England 9 miles NE of Bury St Edmunds.|
The base was built for the United States Army Air Forces Eighth Air Force during World War II. However the facility was not used by the USAAF and was opened by 3 Group, RAF on 3 April 1944. The name came from a small copse nearby and the airfield is close to Walsham le Willows i...
|Royal Air Force Station Tuddenham or RAF Tuddenham is a former Royal Air Force station located 3.2 miles (5.1 km) south east of Mildenhall, Suffolk, England and 7.8 miles (12.6 km) north west of Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk.|
|Royal Air Force Station Stradishall or more simply RAF Stradishall is a former Royal Air Force station located 4.7 miles (7.6 km) north east of Haverhill, Suffolk and 9 miles (14 km) south east of Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk, England.|
|On 7 September 1942 South of the Bury Road, RAF Chedburgh opened, in No. 3 Group RAF Bomber Command. Major construction work was carried out by John Laing & Son Ltd., and built to Class A standard, the airfield had three concrete runways, 05-23 at 2,000 yards and 12-30 and 17-35 both at 1,400 yards. In October 1942 214 Squadron moved in flying Short Stirling bombers. Various squadrons follo...||09/09/2014||16|
|Semi-permanent heavy bomber airfield used by Fifteenth Air Force. Built by COE beginning in Sep 1943. One PSP runway with extensive taxiway and hardstand parking areas. Steel control tower. Opened 14 Mar 1944. Last combat operations flown in late April 1945. Closed on 4 Jul 1945. Today is agricultural area with no structures or any facilities in existence, however extensive evidence of land sca...||11/23/2009||611|
|Photographs of Helgoland taken before and after the attack by Bomber Command on 18 April 1945.|
Left - 16 April 1945
Right - 19 April 1945
18th April 1945
969 aircraft - 617 Lancasters, 332 Halifaxes, 20 Mosquitos - of all groups attacked the naval base at Heligoland, the airfield and the town on this small island. The bombing was accurate and the target areas...
|Asch Airfield is an abandoned World War II military airfield which is located approximately 3 miles south-southeast of As, Belgium (Limburg); approximately 55 miles south-southeast of Brussels.|
The airfield was built by the United States Army Air Force IX Engineer Command, 852nd and 846th Engineer Aviation Battalions in November 1944.
Known as Advanced Landing Grou...
|RAF Akeman Street is a former Royal Air Force station located north east of Minster Lovell, Oxfordshire. It was named after the Roman road which crosses the airfield.|
The airfield was a Relief Landing Ground (RLG) for RAF Brize Norton, with building starting in 1939 and opening on 10 July 1940. Active flying stopped on 15 August 1945, and the site was closed on 1 February 1947.
|These are the remains of the former airfield of Avedore.|
It was opened 1917 and was the beginning of the danish airforce. It was danish airfield until 1940 whe the german occupation began. The germans took most items with them to their airfield Vaerlose NW of Copenhagen. 1945 it was all over.
Today only 2 wooden hangars remains, the oldest in the world. The 10 smal...
|RAF Cheddington (also known as RAF Marsworth) is a former World War II airfield in England, located 1 mile south-west of Cheddington in Buckinghamshire. The airfield was closed in 1952.|
|RAF Hethel is a former World War II airfield used by the US during the Second World War (and briefly as an RAF station) in Norfolk, England situated located 7 miles south west of Norwich. |
Hethel airfield was constructd in 1942 for American use and was assigned USAAF designation Station 114.
From 14 September 1943 though to 12 June 1945, Hethel served as headquarters for t...